Don't really WTB a 290DP drive with a 1.95 ratio but I have to. Got one?

Rain City

Crew Member
Need some parts. I'm in Vancouver. Please and thanks if you hear of one around.

I think there are rebuilders in the States. You may have to go that route.
The drive itself is actually in good shape. It's the transom plate and everything associated with that. Steering fork was half gone.

There's a guy on the island near Ladysmith who has a pretty comprehensive knowledge of these and a pretty impressive stockpile of parts... I can get you his number if you're interested. He's helped me before with my old 280 single and his prices were very reasonable.
Sure that'd be great. I'm stretched so thin with the purchase of the boat as I went with the one that had new drive's installed to avoid all of this. I need to find the best deal I can and I'm not too cool for used parts.

The drive itself is actually in good shape. It's the transom plate and everything associated with that. Steering fork was half gone.
Like CR says those legs are the same as a 280 except for the lower end and there are a lot more 280's around. Its nice to have an exact spare though then your covered for everything. Try and get just what you need and keep your eyes open for an eventual spare leg.

Like CR says those legs are the same as a 280 except for the lower end and there are a lot more 280's around. Its nice to have an exact spare though then your covered for everything. Try and get just what you need and keep your eyes open for an eventual spare leg.
Thanks for the help guys. Feeling like a dummy now. Only so much a perfect survey and mechanical inspection can tell you I guess.

Poke around across the border in the bellingham and seattle area. Way bigger addressable market so you may get lucky on part too. Otherwise marine parts express seems to have decent pricing on new volvo parts. Good luck l, man, we have all been there too in one form or another.

Back