Don Cherry Fired

This mentality is scary. The best people should always be hired . This whole hiring based on race, gender etc just to make it look like you have a multicultural company is a total joke. This crap is happening in the trades right now and it’s going to get good people killed at work.

Brian Burke would be the next in line - ain’t that something...

Humboldt Broncos family blacklists CTV over Jess Allen ‘white boy’ comments

https://www.thepostmillennial.com/h...lists-ctv-over-jess-allen-white-boy-comments/

“Unless CTV does the right thing. The Straz Clan is done with interviews with CTV. If Don Cherry gets fired for saying You People and not calling out race and this tard Called a Race out and still working. We done with CTV,”

okay maybe i do have faith in canadians. The amount of women commenting on her twitter is funny.

https://twitter.com/jessieraeallen/status/1195134686965719040/photo/1?ref_src=twsrc^tfw|twcamp^tweetembed|twterm^1195134686965719040&ref_url=https://www.thepostmillennial.com/humboldt-broncos-family-blacklists-ctv-over-jess-allen-white-boy-comments/
Much as I disagreed with what Cherry said I find what Allen said even worse and CTV and her supporters to be the ultimate hypocrites for supporting her. She should be canned!

Much as I disagreed with what Cherry said I find what Allen said even worse and CTV and her supporters to be the ultimate hypocrites for supporting her. She should be canned!
I agree it was weird.

Totally agree, could not believe her body language as she was just itching to create some controversy. Whatever that show is CTV needs to step up and turf her for her stupidity. Even though she apologized its Crap anyway you look at it.

Totally agree, could not believe her body language as she was just itching to create some controversy. Whatever that show is CTV needs to step up and turf her for her stupidity. Even though she apologized its Crap anyway you look at it.
I have a grandson and 4 granddaughters currently playing or learning to play. Not a bully in the bunch and as you can also deduce, they aren’t all privileged white males!

Good for you Ziggy. Associating sports with race, gender or culture is beyond stupid.

We all know the history of marathon. Interesting to know that the top marathon champions are from Africa. Even in our sport, I see a lot of non-white people who are responsible anglers and contribute to the sport fishing economy and culture in different ways.
Maybe it’s time for the media to focus on the positive aspects of getting the kids involved in sports (any sport for that matter) and stop yanking their audience with stupid and divisive labels.

Last edited:
It’s one thing when fishing related subjects get political and controversial which in turn results in the thread devolving into debates that are, or are perceived to be, so heated or nasty that the thread gets shut down or the threat to do so is made.

But why does the administrator even allow a thread like this to get off the ground? It has absolutely nothing to do with sport fishing and was guaranteed to be very controversial and end up exactly where one could predict. 100% predictable.

Perhaps stop entirely unrelated topics likes this one from even getting off the ground. Lots of other places exist to debate these kinds of issues.

It's called the general open forum for a reason.... holy smokes!

It's called the general open forum for a reason.... holy smokes!

The Admin stated the problem:

This is headed where we figured it would eventually get to....a political discussion and lining up on one side or the other of the polarized landscape that seems to be more prevalent than ever. We are not a political forum and the talk around this topic unfortunately has now been officially politicized, when really it is just another entertainer with a public platform, who has made lots of money for himself and the corporation he worked for, offering an opinion that the people who sign his checks couldn't live with.

If we can share our opinions in a respectful way without generalizations, name calling, or categorizing people for their opinions, then this thread can remain open. If it veers off into a mess we will shut it down.
Same old problem... it always starts swirling down the drain for exactly the same reasons.

I do not share your opinion on the journalist's opinion.
It's preachy and predictable, just like Don Cherry.

He did go to these places and talk about soldiers and still he feels there is a decline in poppy wearing.
That's why he was not going to get involved in the poppy drive this year.

I am not defending Cherry, he should have retired years ago, but here is someone that has not met Cherry calling him a racist and inserting his own narrative into why Cherry said what he did.
I think I will stick to those who knew Cherry in unguarded moments as to his character and 'isms'. Bobby Orr and Ron MacLean have not called Cherry a racist.

Agree with you Gong Show except with respect to Ron MacLean, Saturday night Ron showed once again he’ll go to any length to try to play both sides of the fence so as not to offend anyone. That jibberish and double speak was more painful to listen to than the worst of Dons performances on Coach’s corner. For the record, while I figured Dons poppy statements would get some folks’ knickers in a knot, as it seems to be a race these days to see who can be the first, or most, outraged on social media, it was FAR from his most offensive.

Cheers!

Ukee

Back