Do you ever find yourself talking to your boat?

Sculpin

Here is your chance to air it out so to speak lol. Do you ever find yourself talking to your boat?

Whether it's during winter, spring commissioning, during fishing, running in the ruff stuff, etc.

I just told my gal " You can get wet real soon" lol. I'm late onto the water again this year but just about there (we did make it out twice already, Loggers Derby, and once out front of Nanaimo). Let's hear it. Now is the time to open up and share the words said to your craft good or bad :).

Last edited:
Usually when headed in after a great day on the water and lots of "x's for eyes" I'll give her a pat on the side of the helm and talk a little to her. I thinks she likes it.....

Only when it's particularly rough. Usually something like" come on baby, get me home safe and I'll never take you out in this again." At least til the next time. Haha

Same here Clint.
Usually getting a bit dark, sea state is not conducive to fast running, but we are running hard because things are only going to get worse the longer we are out there.
I am always alone, since I would not be in that position and be taking the risk if anyone else was with me!

I often thank him for getting us in when've are the only boat offshore when it's ******

My boat talks back to me too. I know it's not real, but she does have some good suggestions!

Don't be silly, boats are lousy listeners.
Mine never listens to me.
But, boy-oh-boy, if I don't listen, and listen closely, she can give me no end of grief.
Reminds me of wives I have had.

Back