DFO IFM Plan 2021/22 For Review

This outlines the measures that were put in place last year. The table outlines the potential proposal for this year. See the sentence tha precedes the info in your post.
Right, and it doesn't mention changing anything in 13 aside from bute and ramsay inlets specifically stated in the table above it, where those areas only opened after July 1st last year. Why they didn't use sub-area numbers I don't know.

Right, and it doesn't mention changing anything in 13 aside from bute and ramsay inlets specifically stated in the table above it, where those areas only opened after July 1st last year. Why they didn't use sub-area numbers I don't know.
Ah - sorry, now I see...

Seems we were all a bit fooled. On a more positive note, they seem to be proposing 2 MSF Daily offshore WCVI.
1615179760266.png

Ya, the spin cycle continues. We can complain about the lemons, or make lemonade. We can either sit back and wait for someone or something to screw us, or get involved and help make things happen. All about the attitude we choose - I can't control anything except myself and how I react to the world around me.

Don't get me wrong, just sharing info. Still going to Rupert, just may be a Buts and Hos trip when I am up there. Still going Nootka (WCVI), and may try get offshore weather permitting.

Last edited:
I know all of the guys involved have a hard battle its a no win sometimes as they DFO just wont fucken listen to us , And until we go into a meeting and raise holy hell and really put up a fuss we will always get trampled on . Wasn't to long ago town meeting were held for halibut and 100s of people showed up and the clear message was to back off and leave us alone ..well it lasted about 4 years and the minister DID take notice ... Question is WHO is gonna lead the charge until someone with a real interest REALLY challenges the dfo monkeys it will be the staus quo. they will continue to pick on us as we are low hanging fruit and easy picking... Again thanks to Derby,searun, and our local chairs.. they really try...

I know all of the guys involved have a hard battle its a no win sometimes as they DFO just wont fucken listen to us , And until we go into a meeting and raise holy hell and really put up a fuss we will always get trampled on . Wasn't to long ago town meeting were held for halibut and 100s of people showed up and the clear message was to back off and leave us alone ..well it lasted about 4 years and the minister DID take notice ... Question is WHO is gonna lead the charge until someone with a real interest REALLY challenges the dfo monkeys it will be the staus quo. they will continue to pick on us as we are low hanging fruit and easy picking... Again thanks to Derby,searun, and our local chairs.. they really try...

Here is how you can help Wolf lead by example.

Start collecting DNA. Put your old grievances aside starting now. If you want to help our fishery all of the guides need to do it this season especially in Area 20. If you don't expect more closures based on the stocks of concern present in summer months. You should have listened to the meeting for Area 19/20 last night.

So your blaming the guides for not putting in data and that's why were closed down ?? , that has nothing to do with it !!!, how do we give them data when were closed down most of the time. Even if they had all the data there still closing us down. DFO HAS TONS OF DATA of the SALMON MIGRATING up the FRASER RIVER but yet they ALLOW GILL NETS. There is no trust in the process to make a difference where educated decisions can be made, we give and give and what do we receive in return.
not even a kiss on the cheek for the screwing they are giving us. what they are asking us shouldn't have to be defendable , we should all want to be part of the solution .

We should be advising DFO if you want the data let us fish, at least hatchery. The Vancouver area has awesome data that supports a hatchery fishery , how is that working out for them, I feel for all the hard work and dedication all the volunteers have done but no one is listening. I hate to tell you but most have given up on this process which is a real disappointment.

SFAB is mandated to work within the framework that DFO dictates to them. They are not a lobby group and therefore can not lobby for what we had but instead have to work with whatever DFO tells them too. IF DFO tells them that 125 prawns is what you get that's what you get, If DFO says 10 annual chinook is now the norm SFAB drops it. Once the SFAB requests feedback and DFO provides the feedback than the topic is dead. To get what we had and to lobby for that have to join a group like the PFA or SVIAC or others. SFAB is great if you want to get information or the thought process of why things change but more often than not banging your head against concrete would be more rewarding.

We seem to fall into the same old thing, In the Fall review the season, in the spring get the Draft IFMP, the SFAB works hard on a proposal, elements of the proposal get accepted or not and than once the IFMP drops in July its move on to fishing season and forget about it all till the fall.

So your blaming the guides for not putting in data and that's why were closed down ?? , that has nothing to do with it !!!, how do we give them data when were closed down most of the time. Even if they had all the data there still closing us down. DFO HAS TONS OF DATA of the SALMON MIGRATING up the FRASER RIVER but yet they ALLOW GILL NETS. There is no trust in the process to make a difference where educated decisions can be made, we give and give and what do we receive in return.
not even a kiss on the cheek for the screwing they are giving us. what they are asking us shouldn't have to be defendable , we should all want to be part of the solution .

We should be advising DFO if you want the data let us fish, at least hatchery. The Vancouver area has awesome data that supports a hatchery fishery , how is that working out for them, I feel for all the hard work and dedication all the volunteers have done but no one is listening. I hate to tell you but most have given up on this process which is a real disappointment.

Why say I was blaming? So your answer is do nothing. Sorry that response doesn't cut it anymore. We need more DNA data. Time for people to step up, and put past feelings aside.

Last edited:
Why say I was blaming? So your answer is do nothing. Sorry that response doesn't cut it anymore. We need more DNA data. Time for people to step up, and put past feelings aside.
I understand what your trying to say but he has a point. Where do you get data if you don’t have an opportunity to fish? Not trying to stir the pot but this is a serious question and deserves a serious answer. You could spin it and say that with such low data counts it’s obvious alot of fish are being left In the water and there is room for an increased catch rate. Just saying.

I understand what your trying to say but he has a point. Where do you get data if you don’t have an opportunity to fish? Not trying to stir the pot but this is a serious question and deserves a serious answer.

Have to get data though C@R, in vancouver last summer where there is "no fishing for salmon" they were giving out permits for avid anglers to do DNA in that area but you are right there is Significantly less people who do C@R and therefore its gonna be a growing challenge to get that data.

Though you are right there are areas that have good data that will be remained close because of political reasons and to pass fish to first nations.

Here is how you can help Wolf lead by example.

Start collecting DNA. Put your old grievances aside starting now. If you want to help our fishery all of the guides need to do it this season especially in Area 20. If you don't expect more closures based on the stocks of concern present in summer months. You should have listened to the meeting for Area 19/20 last night.
OH do we need to go down this ROAD again I have the data of close to 7000 data they dont use it you know it . and hard to get data when we have a 4 weeks season , every time we did do data and YOU know this more closures came I do not to repeat this over and over again...and BTW there is only maybe 10 guides now as alot have left or closed shop....

Back