DFO Announces further SRKW Restrictions

We need radical change in this country sorry if its not what you want but its what is needed. It wont come from this government or the other government though so you're really wasting your time blaming a minister for something that isn't even happening or going to happen with this government. Fishing regulations are made by managers and they don't care how radical a minister is they have their own agenda they either withhold information or guide the information to the minister and it gets signed as it always has. Wake up stop believing garbage in the national post its a radical right wing rag for easily influenced folks.
Steeler give it a rest, we don't need radical change in Canada, and you are hardly qualified to tell us what we need, I'm sick of you clear attempts to steer things to some weird leftist agenda you are on. " right wing rag " do you even know what right wing is, or is your generic term you attempt you use to gaslight anyone that questions the narrative. Bob Zimmerman, who i actually have spoken to, defines it here clearly for you and every one to see, the DFO provides information and the Ministry decides how to use it, so you are talking out of you're A$$. Joyce very much makes the final call, and no we didnt vote for a radical green agenda that dismatles and industry, we were all willing to work with a compromised solution that protect stock of concern, maintains a protection for the SKW and allows the continued public fishery along with the economic benefits, this was completely ignored by the minister

" Murray said her goal as minister is to leave as many fish in the ocean as possible and to grow as much ocean vegetation as possible to combat climate change — and that harvesters would have to accept a sacrifice as part of climate change efforts."

Murray has already let us know what her first priority is, she subscribes to the radical climate change activist who believe a global extinction will occur by 2030 with out zero carbon,

Coho fishery will be impacted off Sooke for sure and will be interesting to see how far out that is ? Have to go west of Otter to fish farther out in 500 ft ?
If you mean area 20-3 or 20-4 I believe that gets closed every year on August 1st > since 2019 or thereabouts. 20-1 at Renfrew has been hammered. Looks like the best coho area is gutted. Coho could be found all the way out from the buoy to the US border (+/- 7-8 miles). Now it looks we'll be restricted to 1 mile. If chinook are the main concern why shut down 20-1 & 20-5 till Oct 31st? Why not at least allow some coho fishing after Sept 30th when chinook season is pretty much done. The renfrew rec fishery is about to be hammered using a set of absurd and convoilluted boundaries. What a dogs breakfast.
Mariners and fishermen can see all the bs in this stuff. But that doesn't matter to DFO or policy makers because they know they are in control and can give us lip service then do whatever they want. No concern here about the town of Port Renfrew and the impact this will have. It looks like they are doing most of their dirty deeds off Port Refrew where they think they can further ramp things up and get the least public response and monitor the pushback. It looks like that's working as some comments on this thread appear to be relieved it all could have been worse. Well as others on this thread have pointed out this will get worse as the govt in power has a stated goal of protecting more of canada. IMO they are hitting the Port Renfrew area especially hard. DFO will now lose my cooperation and support until things change. No more letters, fish heads and surveys. A complete waste of time when all this is being driven by politics. The only value input has is we all keep our concerns on the table in the hopes a future government will come to its senses and get to a place of more balanced fisheries management. Sadly, we are not at that place right now.

Scary to think that so many environmentalists live in a country that was entirely built on Fishing, logging, and oil. Imagine the GDP and the economic impact if all of those were erased.
I personally believe this leftist green ideology was pushed and funded in the academics of our schools, first by the soviets decades ago, and now by the Chinese, and was designed to sabotage our economic growth, the reason I suspect this, its the catastrophic nature, these people don't want balance conservation and resource management, which of course in reasonable and most of us do want, they want to whole sale dismantlement of our industries, this combined with China now the largest producer of carbon on the planet, something like 28% of the world carbon foot print while Canada is at 2%, so while, Joyce, Greta, Stephan and Justin destroy our economic growth and industries to stave of the climate apocalypse they scream is eight years away, China continues to build coal plants and heavy industry. It just seem like we are being told to slit our wrists, where our carbon reduction wont make a difference, and china continues to grow in the strength. Something is very wrong.

Clearly I think we can all agree that this has nothing to do with conservation. Clearly we can all agree the whales are doing just fine. How can they not? Washington state and Oregon stated that between Northern California and Alaska they estimate over 9 billion Chinook every year. That being said, if that's the primary diet for these whales (which might be certain times a year), then I'd say that's quite the silver platter

So many people I know have paid their dues. It's really sad that people with their own religious agenda make choices without the lives of the people in mind who have paid their dues and without cause other than their own personal beliefs. It's as if they are taking away time from them. Even if they don't have a whole lot of time left. This is the part that makes rebellion for me.

Clearly there is a way to manage a sustainable ocean for the food fish, commercial, and recreational fishery, while controlling the invasive species, implementing vegetation and all other type of aquaculture.

Last edited:
Clearly I think we can all agree that this has nothing to do with conservation. Clearly we can all agree the whales are doing just fine. How can they not? Washington state and Oregon stated that between Northern California and Alaska they estimate over 9 billion Chinook every year. That being said, if that's the primary diet for these whales (which might be certain times a year), then I'd say that's quite the silver platter

So many people I know have paid their dues. It's really sad that people with their own religious agenda make choices without the lives of the people in mind who have paid their dues and without cause other than their own personal beliefs. It's as if they are taking away time from them. Even if they don't have a whole lot of time left. This is the part that makes rebellion for me.
the the SKW nor the Chinook recognize borders. Washington state summer chinook opens June 15th, both the SKW and Chinook move between the straight and Puget sound freely, and Washington state and Oregon clearly recognize the whales are doing well along with Chinook stock and have zero concern their sports fishing industry will have any negative impact. When i sent a note to Zimmerman he sent a note about the 20 30 plan, Bob is very well aware of the radical political agenda. I just hope we can get this message out to people, and vote these horrible people out of office and the first opportunity.

There needs to be news articles on this side of the battle. All people see is the one side. At least then with more information people could educate themselves or at least have a chance to too the big picture.

I think this stuff needs to be explained and exposed. Needs to come from all the organizations. I understand that they dont want the blowback, but it's now or never really. Trying to wormhole into that one clearly doesn't and is not going to work. Time to expose and breakdown how it works, how it actually going down. The public deserves to know. We pay the salaries. If this keeps up I won't be paying any salaries whatsoever because I'll be out of business and done with Canada.

Last edited:
There needs to be news articles on this side of the battle. All people see is the one side. At least then with more information people could educate themselves or at least have a chance to too the big picture.

I think this stuff needs to be explained and exposed. Needs to come from all the organizations. I understand that they dont want the blowback, but it's now or never really. Trying to wormhole into that one clearly doesn't and is not going to work. Time to expose and breakdown how it works, how it actually going down. The public deserves to know. We pay the salaries. If this keeps up I won't be paying any salaries whatsoever because I'll be out of business and done with Canada.
our media and public are so emotional left now, the recent article on the seal that was shot is an example, the comment section was ridiculous, nothing but wailing about how evil humans are and the seal was so cute etc., these emotional children vote, they are also totally naïve, i don't support the shooting of anything indiscriminately but the seals aren't people and this wasn't the an epic tragedy of the year, seal are in a constant state of eat or be eaten, they are regularly eaten by predatory whales, sharks and other types of sea lions, they die in the thousands daily all over the globe, they also breed like sea rabbits and need to be culled in certain areas. How do you win a public over that thinks animals are like in Disney movies.

our media and public are so emotional left now, the recent article on the seal that was shot is an example, the comment section was ridiculous, nothing but wailing about how evil humans are and the seal was so cute etc., these emotional children vote, they are also totally naïve, i don't support the shooting of anything indiscriminately but the seals aren't people and this wasn't the an epic tragedy of the year, seal are in a constant state of eat or be eaten, they are regularly eaten by predatory whales, sharks and other types of sea lions, they die in the thousands daily all over the globe, they also breed like sea rabbits and need to be culled in certain areas. How do you win a public over that thinks animals are like in Disney movies.

In that certain regard, I definitely done have answers, might have a few ideas. I don't know if the majority of people would agree with closing the fishery on account of that topic. The sushi restaurants in vancouver are busy non stop. People just need to understand where their food comes from and how it's a sustainable source. That being said, it needs to be understood and managed in a sustainable way. Which I know for a fact there is a way. People have accomplished far more in the world then managing a fishery or natural resource.

In that certain regard, I definitely done have answers, might have a few ideas. I don't know if the majority of people would agree with closing the fishery on account of that topic. The sushi restaurants in vancouver are busy non stop. People just need to understand where their food comes from and how it's a sustainable source. That being said, it needs to be understood and managed in a sustainable way. Which I know for a fact there is a way. People have accomplished far more in the world then managing a fishery or natural resource.
And yet it just seem impossible to do for humans. Just show me a fishery that is sustainable? Hardly any around the world. Greed, greed, greed....everywhere....

And yet it just seem impossible to do for humans. Just show me a fishery that is sustainable? Hardly any around the world. Greed, greed, greed....everywhere....

On this topic of salmon on the western side of N cali, up to alaska salmon fishery, it can be sustainable. 100 percent. Yes your right there is greed and alot of it.

This line is great:

So it’s particularly disappointing to see a sanctuary zone removed and large parts of critical feeding areas in the Strait of Juan de Fuca and Fraser River mouth still open to harmful salmon fishing.

This line is great:

So it’s particularly disappointing to see a sanctuary zone removed and large parts of critical feeding areas in the Strait of Juan de Fuca and Fraser River mouth still open to harmful salmon fishing.
I'm not impressed by that at all. It gives the impression that sportsfishermen and their families are villainous, like we're chasing whales and dragging the ocean for all the fish.

This line is great:

This is planned by both of them, they are great friends, they have appeared together at many events and suzuki has endorced her in the past. After the petition is completed she will close off more areas and say she is just doing what the voters want. The whales are doing fine, verified by Washington state, remember we share the whales. This is all part of extinction rebellion radical plans, yes suzuki appears at their conventions regularly, you tube it.

Only way to combat that is in court. Would take millions. However I think there is a breach of conduct here. Conflict of interest. I'm sure a lawyer could figure that out. Or am I crazy?

At the bare minimum can't a big news article be published to outline this ?

Get a load at this one as well:

Some of the most threatened and endangered Chinook salmon in southern B.C. are also among the most important to these orcas. Protecting them and the salmon they depend on them requires science-based recovery plans, including reduced recreational fishing over the short term.

Back