Desolation sound...Fishing report

wishiniwasfishin1

We returned Monday night from a trip to Desolation sound. Two guys in my friends 25' Monaro with twin 150 yamahas. Left on Thursday the 11th in the evening and stayed at Pender Harbour. Fished Epsom with Live bait with nothing to show then up to Grants Reef on Friday evening. A few undersized, but ran into Leftcoast and saw the two beauties he boated.

From there were stayed On Cortes at Gorge Harbour. Cant say enough about how nice it is and how great the crew that operate the Marina up there are.

The run from Cortes to Dent was under an hour in flat calm water. Fishing on Saturday was great with a 20 and a 15 off Denim. The magic lures were dark green hoochie and gold betsy and a small herring with a dummy flasher at 110 and 150'

Back to Cortes and then ran to Dent again where we boated a 25 on a dark green Hoochie. Fished a few more spots, then had lunch at Dent Island Lodge. Amazing place with some serious yachts...

Monday we headed to Grants Reef and hooked tons of cocho, only one clipped and kept that. Left Grants at 7:26 pm and were back at the dock in Vancouver in 2 hrs and 15 mins. Great trip, beautiful scenery, and some nice fish! Would seriously recommend this to anyone looking for an adventure...

Attachments

• IMG_0417.jpg
    IMG_0417.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 826
  • IMG_0441.jpg
    IMG_0441.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 819
  • IMG_0436.jpg
    IMG_0436.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 824
Back to Cortes and then ran to Dent again where we boated a 25 on a dark green Hoochie. Fished a few more spots, then had lunch at Dent Island Lodge. Amazing place with some serious yachts...

Dent is open for drop in lunches? Or did you have reservations?----Love that area. Much in the way of other boats?
Thanks

Dent is open for drop in lunches? Or did you have reservations?----Love that area. Much in the way of other boats?
Thanks[/QUOTE]

I am actually not sure if they are generally open for drop in lunches. We dropped in and didn't have reservations and the crew was very helpful.

In terms of other boats, it seemed like we were the only one there under 30'. I think a lot of the larger boats tie up there and then use the facilities on the islands - they have great cabins, guided fishing, restaurant, hiking trails, etc... they do have a website so maybe the info is on there.

That area is beautiful...I've been spending more and more time myself up there the last 5+yrs...1-2 trips to wcvi for the meat fishing then its up that way for the fun and relaxing fly fishing trips which I'm enjoying more and more every year...and the fact the girl friends Aunt,Uncle/and parents are care takers of Little Dent make some of those trips extra sweet...

That area is beautiful...I've been spending more and more time myself up there the last 5+yrs...1-2 trips to wcvi for the meat fishing then its up that way for the fun and relaxing fly fishing trips which I'm enjoying more and more every year...and the fact the girl friends Aunt,Uncle/and parents are care takers of Little Dent make some of those trips extra sweet...

Little Dent is a beautiful spot. You are a lucky man. We make at least 3 or 4 trips up that way every year, once the fishing slows down around here. Nice to get away from the crowds.

Yeah, you better marry her quick! What kind of flyfishing are you doing up there?

Back