Derby's Canuck emporium.. Part deux

Lipripper

Do we carry on last years thread or start another?

I am disapionted with all the new blood getting sent home..

Bows... Eman.. Who is filling Holmes*' boots?

That is all

This thread should do.

Also not stoked on some of gillis' pre season moves. Those young bloods were holding their own in preseason. Why not try em for at least the 9 "freebie" games before deciding. Just stupid IMO.

New one is called for Lippy. :D

I do wonder if he is trying out a couple of guys on the cusp? He can then send them down and bring up others?

To be honest, I haven't been following the preseason that much but thought I heard of a few guys like Corrado who had a decent preseason?

Who were the others that were sent down that are being questioned?

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread should do.

Also not stoked on some of gillis' pre season moves. Those young bloods were holding their own in preseason. Why not try em for at least the 9 "freebie" games before deciding. Just stupid IMO.

Might be because all teams had to declare their rosters and they have too many players on 1 way contracts that they would have trouble bringing up from the farm team after the youngins were sent back to junior

Horvat and Shinkaruk are the two kids I thought deserved more of a look. I'm no hockey guru though.

Who were the others that were sent down that are being questioned?

I think Shinkaruk, Gaunce and Horvat didn't really look out of place and had great energy... Unfortunately no room on the team for their roles (spots taken)

Better to keep the younger set down on the farm (or in junior) for seasoning for a few years, if the team can wait. Chicago copied Detroit in doing that and it seems to give you players that get called up and contribute. Rushing draft picks is pretty hit and miss.

Big difference this year is the 'nucks owning their farm team. It will be all one system being coached.

Got to agree with you on that...The Nucks look like they have some keepers there too... :)

Do we carry on last years thread or start another?

I am disapionted with all the new blood getting sent home..

Bows... Eman.. Who is filling Holmes*' boots?

That is all

Hey what's wrong with the other thread; if it isn't broke don't fix it...that aside our post count was laying the boots - Hawks' thread :p

Oh well we'll start again... BTW guys Center Ice is on free preview till the 19th ch 360-365 :cool:

Hey Spanky......

Sammy says...

EatingCrow1.jpg

Canucks will start the season 0 and 2 and ole torts is goin to go crazy

.......Pendejo, have another helping of crow...................

eating-crow.jpg

Not a pretty win...I do like Lacks effort and looks to be a great back up... :)

Nice to see a couple of wins although they were against weak Alberta teams

What do folks think of the Sedins killing penalties this season? I'm hoping it helps them develop as two-way players as they claim. Hard to see that being a disadvantage for playoffs.

What do folks think of the Sedins killing penalties this season? I'm hoping it helps them develop as two-way players as they claim. Hard to see that being a disadvantage for playoffs.

They are always a threat when they are out there..... like what I see of that so far :)

Back