Cutwater sinking at dock

It would be pretty interesting to see know how far an insurance company would defend the insured in a case like this once they saw the surveyor's report. I bet they would whip some clause out of the 18 pages of small print and you'd be on your own to prove this a manufacturer or outfitter negligence event.

I saw one other 30' Cutwater with a grey hull and outboards who hammered it in the middle of the fleet off Ambleside in September, wonder how that one is rigged up?

Maybe this is the reason there are so many for sale. One just showed up at our marina, it was bought used. I talked to a friend moored by me who is related to the person who bought it. He was out on it and not impressed at all with the ride and handling. The narrow beam he said was an issue with it falling off to its sides when cruising. Pretty blue hulls though!

Some prople can afford to forego insurance and effectively self-insure. Perhaps that is the case here. Didn't really think much of cutwaters before, and this really seals the deal...

Doesn't say where the motors were installed, Ports Boathouse may be the ones to blame if they mounted the motors and rigged them. Sounds like that was the real reason the boat went down. Cutwater would still be the ones for the fit and finish problems. Doesn't say much for Cutwater in build quality. Ports boathouse sounds like a **** show to deal with. $500K and the salesman and owner can't take the time to see you when you fly in from the far north. Give me a break, I would be all over the guy that just dropped that kind of money in my shop.

If the dealer rigged the motors as yamaha Canada requires the motors to be sold "in country" for warranty purposes, and they cut those holes to provision for the cables, my guess is they are going to test their e and o policy for sure. In fact now that I think of it yamaha is this way based on a newer grady I saw which was imported into Canada. Buyer had the US seller keep the engines and they bought new here in bc

Loud and clear my man. Loud and clear.
Oh right....@Raincity you were the one about to go buy a "Buttwater" right? I was just telling my wife about someone that I remember selling their boat with intentions of buying one of these.....definitely makes you think twice now though....

Oh right....@Raincity you were the one about to go buy a "Buttwater" right? I was just telling my wife about someone that I remember selling their boat with intentions of buying one of these.....definitely makes you think twice now though....
The one I was looking at wasn't podded but yes still had many of the fit and finish issues. It also had a flooded engine bay and the motor replaced lol. My offer is still valid on the damn thing and the owner is having an insurance claim basically replace everything in the engine bay and the transmission. We've left it at "I'll have another look and renegotiate when all the repairs are complete". Waiting on a list of what the claim is going to cover. But yeah looking more and more like we're just going to let it die.

Hey @Raincity so that boat has flooded twice ??​
They said the engine was replaced because it overheated. Then they put 60 hours on it since the motor was replaced in March 2017. Several of those going back and forth to Blackfish for private boat shows. Nobody knows when the motor flooded the second time but somebody clearly drained it and unplugged the fuel filter sensor. Water stains on the motor so easy to tell it happened after.

They said the engine was replaced because it overheated. Then they put 60 hours on it since the motor was replaced in March 2017. Several of those going back and forth to Blackfish for private boat shows. Nobody knows when the motor flooded the second time but somebody clearly drained it and unplugged the fuel filter sensor. Water stains on the motor so easy to tell it happened after.
Whoa! That is nuts to hear and really seems overly ironic given this story.

This story does not convince me one way or another.

Lots of lemons exists and manufacturs change

Back