Currents: am I reading this right?

Little Hawk

Buddy invited me out fishing again Sunday (my boat is still laid up).

He told me he was told the currents should be pretty good Sunday for dropping the pick.
I looked at the Dairiki for Sunday and it looks pretty gruesome to me. Am I missing something here?

Based on this and the fact that we're both 'hali-newbies' I was thinking a first-light drop of the pick @ Albert Head for a couple of hours maybe then trolling for salmon through till noon or so then back on the anchor for another 2 hours or so to wrap it up.

Any of you guys care to poke a hole or two in my plan?

http://www.dairiki.org/tides/daily.php/jua/2012-05-06

Thanks in advance for your time and trouble.

this weekend?? uuummmm I wouldnt but let us know how it works out??? full moon tonight = STRONG currents
All I can say is be carefull now if next sunday (13) HELL ya

Buddy invited me out fishing again Sunday (my boat is still laid up).
He told me he was told the currents should be pretty good Sunday for dropping the pick.
Any of you guys care to poke a hole or two in my plan?

The currents are pretty good between :00 and 6:00. lol (before it's moving >1.5)
Other than that, hectic - a small window at 12:00 to 14:15 to get your anchor set, gear down and have some soak time for scent to disperse before it all comes up again. There's better days a-comin'. - just my thoughts.
Layin' back, trolling in the sunshine will suit me just fine, tomorrow ...and I'll have salmon bellies - mmm- for next weekend.

Back