Critter Cove Question

c-dawg

Question for those that stay in a floating cabin at Critter Cove: how do you secure or tie down your pop-up canopy outside your cabin? Pics of whatever device you use would be appreciated.

We just tie 1/4" nylon rope from top centre of awning frame through the centre of the provided picnic table using the gaps between boards on table.

What I call “J” Hooks work perfect. They go through the hole in the feet of the canopy, fit between the planks of the decking, and snug up tight. Available at most any hardware store. Don’t need them any heavier than about 3/16” or so. Too heavy and they won’t fit between the planks.. No strings, ropes etc to trip over. Works perfect. Ownership at Critter definitely do not want any nails or screws etc to be pounded into the planking on the docks for obvious reasons. I’ll see if I can post a couple pics later tomorrow. When are you heading to Critter?

Pacemaker, I'll be there the week of 24 July. This is my 8th year, but first year in a cabin.

Fishalot, thanks for the rope idea, that's a pretty simple solution. You've never had any problems when the wind picks up?

Back