Cowichan

D

D.S.C.

Anyone fly fishing Cowhichan Lake or Kissinger? Heading up for the weekend, wondering whats hitting.[?][8D]High 20,s float tube, oh yeah[8D]

No Takers? I'm leaving first thing in the morn. How about suggestions? Is Chironomiding any good there? I am in a float tube.

Fishing cowichan Lake...Lets just say...Its not as easy as many wish it were! i have tried for 4 years caught only 3 and only one was a decent fish. Keep at it and you will figure it out. I know a guy who gets them all the time. Only advice he gives me is..."Creek Mouths Young Grasshopper"! LOL

-Steve

I don't fish Cowichan lake much in the summer time but your buddy is right.... fish the creek mouths. It might be different in the summer time but around November we like to fish small plugs not very deep, only about 12 feet down. Of course in the summer time I think the fish like it a bit deeper. I would try in close to the creek mouths but if that doesn't work I would put out a downrigger and try trolling out in the deep for them. The Cutties like the plugs but I think the Rainbows like a bit of worm and a gangtroll. Try rigging your worm so that it spins like an anchovie.... keep the leader short(12 to 18 inches.... nothing longer.) and if that doesn't work try fishing power bait just off the bottom. Use floating power bait and a light hook so that it will float up off the bottom. And if that doesn't work...... I hear that the fish are biting on Langford lake.....lol. Hope this helps..... Steve.

And remember....Keep your tip up!!!

Taking the Striper up to the lake this weekend. I'll fish plugs off the riggers at about 80'. I'll hit a bunch. I know it. The fishing is very tough up there but once you figure it out it is very consistent.

I'll let you know how I did Monday.

PS, wish me luck! LOL

HL

whats the regs for the cowicahn river, icant find them anywhwre online :S

quote:Originally posted by highlights

Taking the Striper up to the lake this weekend. I'll fish plugs off the riggers at about 80'. I'll hit a bunch. I know it. The fishing is very tough up there but once you figure it out it is very consistent.

I'll let you know how I did Monday.

PS, wish me luck! LOL

HL
Goog Luck, hope you slay em! let us know.

I hit two in about half an hour on the river near the fish and game club - both about 6 inches haha.
River is still a bit high and fast - another couple weeks and it should be prime:)

Well was up in Honeymoon Bay for the weekend. Very windy. It was like fishing Renfrew! I tucked in behind a likely point and fished from a river mouth to some pilings. About a 200 yard stretch. 30' off the riggers with a 5" offering. Nailed one beauty of around 6lbs and a smaller 2 lber on a small 1" offering. Didn't get to fish for more than an hour and a half. Marked a bunch of lunkers sitting in some backwater ares of the lake. ( very shallow ) but was not able to drop the lines as I was in a rush to get back to my family for dinner.
I wouldn't say it was hot but somewhat predictable for Cowie.

HL :)

.... you got it.

I am a little vague at times:). It's by design. Posting all of the goods on line can be devastating for our honey holes. I try to put just enough info "out there" for other anglers to hone in on.

(Short of the bait, I fish them the same way I fish salmon in the salt.)

HL

Back