Cover Letter For Guide Position

FisherTim

Hello,
Should I focus my cover letter on being personal and my love of fishing, or should I keep it more professional, as I would with most other jobs? I'm turning 18 this March, and am not sure wether to focus on the fact that I've bought and maintained my own boats, and how I got into fishing or to come at it from a more professional and businesslike way.

I have all the courses I need(SVOP, MED, MBFA, ROCM) , of course the SVOP and MEDA-3 don't come into effect until my 18th Birthday, but since that's before the tart of the fishing season that shouldn't be a problem.

Any and all advice will be greatly appreciated,
Tim

You should do both and should really go for your c tag ticket seeing as you don't have any guiding experience, which is what most lodges are looking for.
Maybe indicate a willingness to also be a dock boy or whatever else kind of help they need to prove yourself valuable to their operation

Good luck!

You are perfect bait for West Coast Resorts. You may have to do a season on the dock but, for a young guy it is a pretty good outfit. QCL is another good place for the youth.

apply at barkley sound lodge!!

Thanks all for your input and help, I'm elated to say I will be guiding the Mrs Heather V this summer with David at Serengeti Fishing Charters. If anyone has some Tips and Tricks of the Trade, I'd be grateful for all input.

Back