Courtenay-Campbell River Mountain Bike in Fishing

kaelc

Looking for a remote spot to take my electric mountain bike to catch some trout? I'm new to freshwater fishing, been about 30 years. Are there any good spots to get in the backcountry about 20-30km in with a great setting? Spots about 40-50km in would be great to know, too, but for the future. Happy to go with others if you are up for it.

Thanks!

Looking for a remote spot to take my electric mountain bike to catch some trout? I'm new to freshwater fishing, been about 30 years. Are there any good spots to get in the backcountry about 20-30km in with a great setting? Spots about 40-50km in would be great to know, too, but for the future. Happy to go with others if you are up for it.

Thanks!
It’s been a long time. But when lived in Cumberland I fished Wolf Lake. As well as Rossiter and Divers Lake beside Mt. Washington.
Beautiful spots back in the day. Shore fishing using a fly and bobber worked great.

Check out Wowo Lake in the regs . Its been many years since I fished it and I think there are access issues , but with a bike you might be OK.
Cool, looks like there is a lake with falls close by as well!
It’s been a long time. But when lived in Cumberland I fished Wolf Lake. As well as Rossiter and Divers Lake beside Mt. Washington.
Beautiful spots back in the day. Shore fishing using a fly and bobber worked great.
Rossiter and Diver look killer, I think wolf is pretty easy vehicle access but yes I have to check it out, heard about it for years.

Cool, looks like there is a lake with falls close by as well!

Rossiter and Diver look killer, I think wolf is pretty easy vehicle access but yes I have to check it out, heard about it for years.
Wowo is behind a gate with a security shack on it, you may be able to find a different way in if you're creative. It's been a few years since I was at Wolf and like you said it's right by the road, it looked like a garbage dump then. :(

There’s a great mountain bike trail here in Campbell River called slammin salmon, that’s along the upper Quinsam. You could definitely get some good riding and trout fishing up there. Been looking to try it out myself for but I’ve been out of town for work.

Check out Trailforks if you have it, show’s the location and trail conditions watch out for this slippery fall leaves.

Back