Comox Valley Canvas Top Replacement

eaglemaniac

I seem to recall a thread on replacing canvas boat tops here in the valley, although I can't seem to find it in the search. Any info on who does the best work at a reasonable price would be appreciated. I need a bit more height. Thanks, eman.

I use Top Stich in Campbell River. They also have a branch in the Courtenay/Comox area. Reasonable prices in my opinion.

Shady Tree on the north side of Ryan Rd. between Anderton and the base. Good guy

I used fine line in Campbell river and was very satisfied with the work he did

I have seen Eldorados work.. it was very nice. They are pricey.
I have also seen shade trees work.. I was not impressed.

Just my 2 cents though

I appreciate your observations Caroline. I talked to Eldorado, they figured about $1700.00 for top, side curtains and slope back with framework. Seems reasonable but not sure.;) eman

Last edited by a moderator:
You get what you pay for-- My preference is Eldorado. May be a bit more pricey , but they do quality work..

I truly appreciate your advice and endorsements. Does anyone know of any good sites where I might view a few available styles or finished boats? I have a rough idea as to what I'm looking for but it's all in my head and that doesn't always work out. Thanks.;) eman

I have seen 3 tops that Top Stitch did in CR and they were all great quality and workmanship at a very reasonable prices. As for pics use google images there's tons of boats to look at.

Cheers ME

Just make sure you get a writen quote....

x 2 on what Owen said.... had them do a very small job, came in at close to $300 (was told it would be around $140). Same exact job done in Campbell River and Port Alberni and both of them were less than $100. This was done for my work, hard to explain why one was so expensive to the folks that pay the bills.
I am going to be having all new top made for my Dads boat in the spring, have ratty old one to use for patterns. Eldorado wont be getting a chance to quote price, written or otherwise.

x 2 on what Owen said.... had them do a very small job, came in at close to $300 (was told it would be around $140). Same exact job done in Campbell River and Port Alberni and both of them were less than $100. This was done for my work, hard to explain why one was so expensive to the folks that pay the bills.
I am going to be having all new top made for my Dads boat in the spring, have ratty old one to use for patterns. Eldorado wont be getting a chance to quote price, written or otherwise.

I had a small window replaced for about $40 I was so happy I took the other window in. Second window the same size was over $100. I was not give the window till I paid the full amount. Other then that they do good work and make great foam beds.

Thanks for that Kevin. Good to hear from you. Would the Top Stitch in the valley be the same quality? Or would you recommend just the Campbell River shop? Thanks.:p eman

Heh Eman

Not sure about here in town only seen the work from CR. I would hope they would do equal quality work but never know. My favorite is Daves work @ Class A Interiors in CR best tops anywhere but very costly he does all the work on Eaglecraft boats.... However that being said was impressed by Top Stitches work and what they quoted was what they paid and was ready on time.

Cheers ME

Cheers ME

Top Stitch here in Courtenay takes the boat for you up to CR to do the work then will bring it back. They don't have a big enough bay to do boats in Courtenay.

thanks to this thread i decided to get a quote from top stitch in campbell river to have dropdown windows and zippered door made for my boat.

the guy at the shop (clarke) had some pics of what i looking for.. put a deposit on it, and the work is being done at the courtenay shop at tin town next week.
looks like they do good work! ill repost after the work is done....

Hey Hog Tide, any reports on your canvas work yet? And thanks to others for there PMs. Can't figure out how to respond through the forum for some reason.;) eman

Back