Commander 26 inbored

ShaeMcLaren

Finally started ripping apart the boat today, preparing for the pod and outboards. Yanked the legs, swim deck, kicker motor, trim tabs, and transducer. Took all my measurements for the pod design, couldn't be happier getting rid of the inboards 🙌.

Attachments

• 20240210_153551.jpg
    20240210_153551.jpg
    547.3 KB · Views: 94
LoL no fighting words,

You got a beautiful boat Shae and you should fly thru this like salmonkiller. The only one unknown is the condition on the transom, will be interesting to see what you do there,

Good luck on the build!

LoL no fighting words,

You got a beautiful boat Shae and you should fly thru this like salmonkiller. The only one unknown is the condition on the transom, will be interesting to see what you do there,

Good luck on the build!
Yes sir, hopefully the transom is in as good of shape as yours. I think I will pretty much copy your reinforcing plan. Any advice is greatly appreciated 👍

Yes sir, hopefully the transom is in as good of shape as yours. I think I will pretty much copy your reinforcing plan. Any advice is greatly appreciated 👍
Hopefully it’s a lot better than mine, I had a horrible fuel leak that rotted the lower part of the transom and the stringers.
Are you doing the glass work yourself?

Hopefully it’s a lot better than mine, I had a horrible fuel leak that rotted the lower part of the transom and the stringers.
Are you doing the glass work yourself?
Oh my bad I thought I remembered yours being ok. No I'm just stripping and cleaning everything. I have a glass guy lined up to do the work in March.

LoL no fighting words,

Good luck on the build!
Easy to fly thru a lot of the project, I have spent the last 5 weekends installing electronics, kicker, autopilot and still not done. Lol.
One step at a time

Easy to fly thru a lot of the project, I have spent the last 5 weekends installing electronics, kicker, autopilot and still not done. Lol.
One step at a time
That’s right, one step at a time and it doesn’t become overwhelming.
@ShaeMcLaren you’re a hour and a half of work into your project 😁 get those engines out and let’s see her rear end!

Finally started ripping apart the boat today, preparing for the pod and outboards. Yanked the legs, swim deck, kicker motor, trim tabs, and transducer. Took all my measurements for the pod design, couldn't be happier getting rid of the inboards 🙌.
These are such great projects, wish I was younger and had the energy to take one on with a great boat. Hopefully the roof line stays intact on this one. (Lol)

These are such great projects, wish I was younger and had the energy to take one on with a great boat. Hopefully the roof line stays intact on this one. (Lol)
The roofs staying on! I enjoy the storage and view from up there too much! If I was smart I would have podded it 2 years ago when it was completely ripped apart 😅. Learning as I go...
Good luck. Mine is an 89 I think and it was bone dry. Hopefully yours is the same.
Hopefully it turns out as good as yours 🙌

With the fibreglass guy coming soon I figured I may as well get this thing cleaned up. Yanked motors, transom shields, hot water tank, and a ton of wiring. Felt great cutting out all that old junk. Tomorrow I'll clean it up better on the inside 😅.

Attachments

• Snapchat-666153996.jpg
    Snapchat-666153996.jpg
    509.7 KB · Views: 130
  • 20240306_151438.jpg
    20240306_151438.jpg
    328.7 KB · Views: 129
  • 20240306_144239.jpg
    20240306_144239.jpg
    321.3 KB · Views: 122
  • 20240306_151448.jpg
    20240306_151448.jpg