Color Fish Finder

I'm looking for a relatively inexpensive Fishfinder in color. Garmin 300c will be on sale for @ $200 at the Abby Sportsman Show, but not really sure if that would work out of Uki.

I already have a color GPS and just need/want the fishfinder.

Any advice on this unit or any others would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Depending on your budget they are a nice unit but you may want to look at the Garmin 400C for more power. Just a thought. Lowrance makes a nice 515C but thats most likely higher then what you are looking for by the sounds of it. Some of the color Eagle might be worth a look as well.

Has anyone heard of or used the standard horizon gps units? I seem to remember them at Trotac at a reasonable price.
I have an eagle unit and compared it to my friend's Lowrance equivalent- the lowrance has a slightly larger screen,slightly better resolution and a slightly faster cpu. IMO the 300$ in savings was worth it.
Oh yeah, if it doesn't accept Navionics charts,I wouldn't buy it-they're the best charts out there for our location.
That's just my opinion though

Hooch

quote:Originally posted by Hoochiebob

I have an eagle gps unit and compared it to my friend's Lowrance equivalent- the lowrance has a slightly larger screen,slightly better resolution and a slightly faster cpu. IMO the 300$ in savings on the Eagle was worth it.Havent compared the straight sounder units though

Hooch

Hooch

Originally posted by Hoochiebob

Originally posted by Hoochiebob

I have an eagle gps unit and compared it to my friend's Lowrance equivalent- the lowrance has a slightly larger screen,slightly better resolution and a slightly faster cpu. IMO the 300$ in savings on the Eagle was worth it.Havent compared the straight sounder units though

Hooch

Sorry bout the first reply- skim reading on Lucky just dont work[:I]

Hooch

Ive looked at the color sounders and quite honestly the images
are confusing...
Anybody else find a grey/scale unit easier to read ?

Back