COAL ISLAND SALMON?

C

CLUBBER

I LIVE IN DUNCAN AND iVE RECENTLY BEGUN EXPLORING IN SIDNEY FISHING FOR SALMON. i RECENTLY CAUGHT A FEW FISH AT THE POWDER WHARF BUT I AM STILL LOOKING FOR MORE SPOTS. ANY TIPS?

LastChance,

I'd imagine it's pretty sandy and flat in front of island view. How deep do you have to go out to get the winters typically?

Highliner

coal island the powder wharf are pretty much the 2 go-to spots in sidney, you can also do well right in the channel and off the tip of sidney spit. Don't forget pender bluffs too, there are springs there and will be a ton of pinks this summer along the bluffs.

Watch out for the reef and seals at Coal and fish on the bottom. It always has a fish or two hanging out there.

quote:Originally posted by Poppa Swiss

coal island the powder wharf are pretty much the 2 go-to spots in sooke, you can also do well right in the channel and off the tip of sidney spit. Don't forget pender bluffs too, there are springs there and will be a ton of pinks this summer along the bluffs.

Poppa,

Doesn't the current rip around the spit there? I have seen guys jigging there before. Do you troll the spit? Can't wait for the pinks this summer!:) Jigging for pinks is sooo fun!

oops sorry I said sooke - I meant sidney.

And yes there is a mean eddy that forms on the point of the spit that was good years ago. I never caught pinks in sidney - only off the pender bluffs.

Coal island was always my hot spot for springs and the back side of james island has a nice sand ledge you can drag your cannon balls through to stir up needlefish.

Back