Clutesi Launch

Skins88

Hey guys. Just wondering the min launch height is for clutesi? Just trying to plan my August trip. Tide is 1' at 630am and then coming up. Is 1' doable in a 21' boat? With the tide coming up I shouldn't have to worry about the river ripping. I've see discussion in other threads but but not about a specific height. Thanks in advance.

Nick

You are good to launch at that height. But there will still be some current to deal with, the tide needs to rise a little more than that before it fills in the river enough to stop the flow. It's not a major problem until you're ready to depart the launch dock, so if you're comfortable with using a little throttle around the dock then you'll be good to go.

Thanks guys. I've only used the launch a couple times on incoming tides with more depth. I might hold off until 730. Get a good push off the dock and give er....

Thanks guys. I've only used the launch a couple times on incoming tides with more depth. I might hold off until 730. Get a good push off the dock and give er....
sometimes its worth spinning your boat around at the dock and pointing the bow out if your concerned about backing into the current.

also launch lane 4 near the end of the finger is more on the shallow side due to silt and sand building up so try to launch on 1-3 if you can for low tide departures.

sometimes its worth spinning your boat around at the dock and pointing the bow out if your concerned about backing into the current.

also launch lane 4 near the end of the finger is more on the shallow side due to silt and sand building up so try to launch on 1-3 if you can for low tide departures.
I noticed someone spin their boat when I launched there this year. It was high tide so I didn't bother. Thanks for the tip on the lanes to use. Good info.

I have also spun my boat around to face outward when the river is running quickly. Easy to do with a smaller boat.

Back