A Long shot.

Just going to put this out there like an offering I put out in Rivers Inlet to big Ol Walter.
Just got back yesterday from our annual trip up to Rivers.
Fishing was slow but there were definitely some big fish caught during our 5 days.
I’m hoping if you or you know any buddies that fished Aug. 7 onward to keep their eye open for a big slab swimming around with my 21 year old custom 12’ sage rod and brand new TR3 blackout (Father’s Day gift ). My name is on the rod with the year. Brown blank.
The rod was lost on August 7 at 1:30 at the head on the right side about 800 yards back from the creek.
Thanks fellow fishermen and fisherwoman.
Cheers.

Just going to put this out there like an offering I put out in Rivers Inlet to big Ol Walter.
Just got back yesterday from our annual trip up to Rivers.
Fishing was slow but there were definitely some big fish caught during our 5 days.
I’m hoping if you or you know any buddies that fished Aug. 7 onward to keep their eye open for a big slab swimming around with my 21 year old custom 12’ sage rod and brand new TR3 blackout (Father’s Day gift ). My name is on the rod with the year. Brown blank.
The rod was lost on August 7 at 1:30 at the head on the right side about 800 yards back from the creek.
Thanks fellow fishermen and fisherwoman.
Cheers.
Sounds like a story!!

What a bummer! What boat were you in? I have a friend on his way up now I’ll pass it along.

Man if that makes it back home, drinks are on you! Good luck, that would be a blow out fish tale for sure.

Hey Deryk I’m sure you remember this rod
I ordered it through you when I worked at West Coast resorts. Many memories with it.

Yeah Mike it’s definitely a story, grinding it out on our last day and finally got the hit we were looking for.
A freight train that buried the left front bow rod and screaming line out and unfortunately there was an equipment failure in the rod holder. And it sheared it off as one of my fishing buddies was inches from getting his hands on it. And all I heard from the rear helm station was oh SH.. it’s going!!
I ran to the port side grabbing the mid rod to try to hook it up …. And unfortunately all I got to see was my rod and reel smoking by the boat with a serious bubble trail behind it. Gone to a Rivers inlet monster.

Hey Brando we were the 2425 dark blue kingfisher constantly laughing and having a great time. Staying at Dawsons.
Thanks for that.
He should hit it right.

I ordered it through you when I worked at West Coast resorts. Many memories with it.

Yeah Mike it’s definitely a story, grinding it out on our last day and finally got the hit we were looking for.
A freight train that buried the left front bow rod and screaming line out and unfortunately there was an equipment failure in the rod holder. And it sheared it off as one of my fishing buddies was inches from getting his hands on it. And all I heard from the rear helm station was oh SH.. it’s going!!
I ran to the port side grabbing the mid rod to try to hook it up …. And unfortunately all I got to see was my rod and reel smoking by the boat with a serious bubble trail behind it. Gone to a Rivers inlet monster.

Hey Brando we were the 2425 dark blue kingfisher constantly laughing and having a great time. Staying at Dawsons.
Thanks for that.
He should hit it right.
was in the 18 Hourston i let friend know via in reach fingers crossed.

Thanks for that.
He should hit it right.
What type of holder? I know your pain.

We had Burnewiin on stern and side rods
But unfortunately up on the bow rails we had Scotty rail mounts and they weren’t that old.

Back