Cleaning up the Barge accident

Sitkaspruce

http://www.cbc.ca/canada/british-columbia/story/2008/09/04/bc-robson-bight-spill-clean-up.html

SS

Fishing08018-1.jpg

When I was out at the Dery in port on Monday, out in the Sound by Edward King, I trolled for about 10-15 minutes through a slick. It looked almost like gas because of how it acted on top of the water, but could have been oil or diesel I suppose. Anyone hear of any thing in Barkey Sound that might have been responsible for this? There was also a little duck around there that seemed to be covered in oil or something, he was not doing to well, but just managed to avoid us whenever we tried to rescue it.

And why the heck does it take over a year to clean up an enviromental disaster like this anyways?

Any possible chance this might be related to why there are no fish on the east coast this year? Cant believe its been left this long before clean up procedures have begun, I mean its only in an Ecological Reserve.

I find it dissapointing that we make a noise about this tragedy because it is close to home. The truck on the bottom of Robson Bight has about 16000 liters of diesel in it, about 20000 for all the equipment When the Queen of the North went down outside Hartley Bay it had an estimated 225000 liters of diesel and 20000 liters of light oil as well as what the vehicles held, but they don't seem to be in any rush to clean it up.

they want the barge remove because its at robson bight in the ecological reserve where the killer whales rub them selves on the gravel beach and they figure it will effect the whales

Back