Back country dumpers caught...

In no way making excuses for the dirt bags who do this but as govts jack up dump fees to crazy levels we're going to see more of this stuff.

Dump fees are cheap compared to the tax dollars spent cleaning up illegal sites and remediating environmental pollution or the legal costs of prosecuting polluters. It's your money either way.

This is why we outdoor enthusiast's loose privileges . When we do find a refuge to carry out our interests , the fish and game club jacks up the single membership 50 bucks this year and require service work Courtenay, making unaffordable to participate for most folks that need the property only a few times a year.

You need to make it easy for the lazy slobs to do the right thing, dumps should be free.
Unfortunate but true.

This is why we outdoor enthusiast's loose privileges . When we do find a refuge to carry out our interests , the fish and game club jacks up the single membership 50 bucks this year and require service work Courtenay, making unaffordable to participate for most folks that need the property only a few times a year.
WUT ????

As I believe was 150$ for 6 months 2020 . Is now 191$ for a single with key and no parking for boat launch due to $ worked out with construction company with intake of water supply . This is now increased to 290$ for a couple and children must be accompanied at all times .

I believe this is relevant as CVRD has increased dumping fees ,and as well taken prime real estate for safe members to camp, shoot ,and fish . at the expence of the members from all over bc . So with diminished oppertuneitys due to a few people in the out back we all suffer . Even the ones that are vulnerable and need a refuge for there right of passage .

We must coach others to appreciate the out back responsibly ,and that is what a fish and game organization is for . and for most youth to 29 it may be unacertainable

This would be solved by making dumping fees much lower. Unfortunately the cost to dump stuff is going up instead of down. The number of Mattresses dumped in my area of south Langley is disturbing
Vancouver as well. Believe it’s ~$15 per mattress to drop off so many people seem to take the free/lazy route. Certainly is a problem.

Vancouver as well. Believe it’s ~$15 per mattress to drop off so many people seem to take the free/lazy route. Certainly is a problem.
I heard if you lay them up against a Super Save bin they'll take them away for you.

I heard if you lay them up against a Super Save bin they'll take them away for you.
I’ve got one infront of my house right now! Shhhhhh. Thankfully now that I’m out of the city I don’t have to chase people off every evening backing their minivans up to dump garbage. When moving in October I chased two guys on two consecutive evenings. Screeched off in their caravan and sienna without even shutting the trunk.

As I believe was 150$ for 6 months 2020 . Is now 191$ for a single with key and no parking for boat launch due to $ worked out with construction company with intake of water supply . This is now increased to 290$ for a couple and children must be accompanied at all times .
Maybe you had better look at the cost of a new mid range saltwater reel if you think the membership fees are too high.. The facilities that the Courtenay Fish and Game Association have are second to none on the Island. And the increase in dues is absolutely necessary as the revenue stream from hall rentals for weddings, memorial services and bar sales are zip. Campground fees are greatly diminished too. The only venue that is keeping the club afloat financially is the shot gun facility. And you know that the boat launch is free for members, so a little temporary inconvenience while a new water intake for the Comox Valley is installed should not be an issue. https://courtenayfishandgame.org/membership

Back