Chum Run at Browns

we were out saturday morning got one at deepwater cruised over to plumper went 5-10.
Had four people on my boat and only one guy had run roads before and only two times, so it was a bit hectic times when you are in the middle of the **** storm of boats and get a fish on [:0]. touched rod tips with two other boats, good times.

We went to Plumpers from 11:30 to 3:30 on Sunday, I counted 100+ boats when we got there. I was impressed with everyone's driving skills with the exception on two dinks who couldn't seem to figure out the drill. One was a charter boat which was not at all classy. We hooked 5, landed 3. All in the 12 to 14lb range. A guy beside us got a nice Northern Coho. I was also amazed at the variety of colors working, purple, orange and green flashers with pink hoochies.

Nice day

Cheers

GMac

Was out Saturday at GreenSea/Chatham Point and just 2 bites, the other 10 boats had no more luck. A sad day there. Weekend before got 7 nice Chum and one was 15lb.
Went out on Sunday to Plumbers and joined in the parade of 100+ boats. Landed 4 all around 10 to 12lbs. As soon as the sun showed they started biting so the Sun does help. They were at all depths from 40 to 100feet and adjusted the riggers by the schools on the depth sounder. Sqirts (pink with blue) seemed best but they dont seem to be picky on the flasher, was using purple haze though. The trollers had an opening there today so probally slim pickings for the next couple days and then the seiners go thru on the 22nd.

Oh and yes there are fools out there who just dont get it. Had one guy almost hit me as he drifted almost into me from behind and blamed me and said he was ready/going to gaff my boat.

Moral of the story is watch the currents and pay very close attention to how you drift and keep a sharp eye out for fools

The best place to check the currents/tides is here
http://www.dairiki.org/tides/monthly.php/sey

Some of you probally seen me there a 1998 2002 20' WA Trophy with full blue curtains and a 175merc with 9.9 merc kicker

Have fun out there.

Back