Chinook Fishing on the lower Fraser

JAC

Hey Guys

I have a 20' prop boat and I'm wondering if there are people that troll or anchor fish for Chinook. I would like to fish anywhere below the Mission Bridge? Is there any good spot to do this, Could I fish Sturgeon and Salmon at the same time? I have trolled for Chinooks at Bouy 10 in Oregon on the Columbia River. They mostly troll bait with divers but the water is alot more clear. I'm just looking for any tips or thoughts?

Thanks
JAC

Never found a spot that was suitable for both my partner and I prefer Sturgeon though.

For Sturgeon you want to be upstream of a hole or depression or slot in the river bed for Springs you want a certain seam off the beach, usually faster/shallower than Sturgie depths.

Is there some spots to Salmon fish Trolling or anchored for Chinook down stream from the mission Bridge? Any tips would be great.

The short answer is Yes-head downstream and look for deeper spots along the shore of that island downstream, anchor upstream of one and if it doesn't produce after 30 minutes move and move and move again.

quote:Originally posted by JAC

Is there some spots to Salmon fish Trolling or anchored for Chinook down stream from the mission Bridge? Any tips would be great.

What time of year are you talking? it is a big wide river from Sumas flats and down...... not very productive for springs (although I have heard of some OK action by the Port Mann)...... many spots for dinos though!

A quick thought for you, head up to Sumas Flats, good for prop boat and anchor and cast spoons at the river mouth.... some good sturgeon fishing there to depending on your timing!

LeaseMan

I would like to find somewhere down by the port mann or even at the mouth of the river. I would like to troll or fish from the anchor but not really casting. do you have any thoughts on this?

getattachmentsb.jpg

What about trolling or back trolling for Chinook on the harrison river or pitt river? Also are you allowed to fish for salmon on harrison or pitt lake?

getattachmentsb.jpg

Hey JAC why not gert ahold of Rod Toth of BENTRODS CHARTERS out of Chilliwack.;)

ITS OUR PASSION TO FISH AND GET OUT OF DOORS...PLEASE...FISH LEGAL OR GET OFF THE RIVER!

Back