china creek to bamfield

scott craven

Have often thought about how long the run is from china creek
down the inlet to Bamfield.
looks like about 30 miles ??

Great way to get there and avoids pulling the boat on the logging road, with the exception of a couple of miles.

The run is best in the morning, as it blows up in the afternoons on sunny days. It takes me about an hour to run out to Bamfield harbour.

FishWish

Once I ventured out to Bamfield in windy afternoon from Port Alberni. really long bumpy ride on Inlet's choppy waters especially big waves in Nahmint Bay. fishwish is correct, best to run in the morning before wind picks up.

Last time I came out (3 weeks ago) I timed myself.

@ 28 mph on my gps it took 45 mins from Sarita to China Creek and another 15 mins from China Creek to Clutsie Haven.
I prefer to go out of Clutsie because it has free parking across the street and for 15mins it's no big deal. China Creek charges for your truck and</u> your trailer! I can't remember how much but the last time it hurt enough that I won't do it again.

So @ 28 mph from China to Bamfield should be about 50 mins to 1 hour depending on tide and waves.

And yes, go in early or late but not just after lunch as the waves in front of Namint are nasty. Even when I come out around 2 or 3 it's quite a ride going back.

30 NM from Alberni to Bamfield...no dust and no chance of breaking your trailer and ruining the trip.
I'll be at Seabeam from the 27 to 29th of July with about 10 guys...should be fun.
We're all running up the Inlet from Clutsie.

I've always done the run to Bamfield in the morning...a bunch of us are going up after work on the 27th...when do the daily winds die down in the evening?
Thanks.

Backatit, We have property across from Nahmint, winds come about 10-11 AM and usually stay up till almost dark, once you round Pocahontas Point it gets much calmer, its called the blow hole, nasty bucking it.

Hey Backatit,
Our group is also staying at Seabeam July 25-29th ther is about 25 of us. I will be fishing out of a blue/white Double Eagle come on by and say hi and we can pick each others brain on where the action is.
Steve41:)

Thanks reel easy...sounds like I'll call 4th in line for the run up, should be smooth sailing with 3 boats breaking water for me;).
steve...I'll be in a little green/white Sea Ray. See you when we get there.
Dan

Back