Charter Insurance

Fishing Guide

Insurance company this year decided to limit guests from 5 to 4 after providing covereage for 5 over the past 2 years. Curious who guides recommend for their coverage.

Thank you in advance.

Fishing Guide
www.invictuscharters.com

Your insurance broker won't have the final say in your passenger total. Transport Canada will dictate how many you can carry when you finish your required hull stability test. The more passengers you carry the more weight you have to put on either side of the boat and measure the heal over and it must fall within specs or you have to reduce the number of passengers.

Your insurance broker won't have the final say in your passenger total. Transport Canada will dictate how many you can carry when you finish your required hull stability test. The more passengers you carry the more weight you have to put on either side of the boat and measure the heal over and it must fall within specs or you have to reduce the number of passengers.

Wow, you must have a large boat. In my 27, I take 3 passengers max, mostly 2. Anyway, I use Barton Ins. in CR. Jeff Hope is the guy you wanna talk to, he was a guide himself and can help avoiding flaming hoops.

nootkalasttrip015.jpg

Fill the dam tub!

Wow, you must have a large boat. In my 27, I take 3 passengers max, mostly 2. Anyway, I use Barton Ins. in CR. Jeff Hope is the guy you wanna talk to, he was a guide himself and can help avoiding flaming hoops.

nootkalasttrip015.jpg

Fill the dam tub!

quote:Originally posted by profisher

We did the stability test, 7 degrees either way.

Last Chance Fishing Adventures

www.lastchancefishingadventures.com
www.swiftsurebank.com

quote:Originally posted by profisher

We did the stability test, 7 degrees either way.

Last Chance Fishing Adventures

www.lastchancefishingadventures.com
www.swiftsurebank.com

Cheers All,

I finally resolved my insurance - for this year. It was an interesting exercise and one full of surprises. I had a discussion with both the agent and the insurance company and both wish to sit down in the fall and figure out a program that guides are looking for. I will repost this in the fall (we have better things to do right now) and get some feedback on what guides might wish in a policy.

Thank you for your assistance.

Fishing Guide
www.invictuscharters.com
BC Outdoors Pro Staff

Back