Charlie White

And don't forget "Tight Lines, Straight shooting" , Tides and Trails TV host, CKWX 1130 fishing talk show host.... Sportsman Cigarettes guide Mr. TED PECK !!! .....even had the pleasure of fishing with him on the classic "Kenora Cutie" ( back in the day lol) RIP Ted!

Wow, that's a blast from the past! I nearly forgot about those lures, makes me remember Dad - thanks for that! Funny how a little piece of plastic can bring back cherished memories. I think I know why some guys collect tackle ;-)

Some say Charlie caught more fisherman than fish, lol.

I have a bunch of his old books, every season I give them a quick skim, and dole them out to friends on fishing trips. Theyve got lots of good basic info, and most of it is still applicable today. What I read in those books many years ago has definitely impacted the way I fish today. Im sure the same goes for others too.
Yeah i used to always say those lures caught more fishermen than fish, lol.

Definitely remember those from dad's tackle box lol.

I am trying to track down one of Charlie's lures "The Ultimate Lure". It was a banana lure, plastic 4-5 ". Fixed curve inline spinner. If anyone has information on how I could find some, i'd be very grateful. My Dad has been an avid fishermen his whole life and only has one of these lures left. Thank you

I am trying to track down one of Charlie's lures "The Ultimate Lure". It was a banana lure, plastic 4-5 ". Fixed curve inline spinner. If anyone has information on how I could find some, i'd be very grateful. My Dad has been an avid fishermen his whole life and only has one of these lures left. Thank you

Whoa, thread bump from 2016! Post a pic of the lure you're looking for...I'm curious to see it.

I have one somewhere if you want it

I fished with Charlie for his TV show and he confided that he never wanted to call it the Ultimate Lure...that was the choice of his marketing people. Charlie was a great guy and in the few hours I got to spend with him I was privy to some funny stories. He had involvement with starting TV guide as well and Chek TV, if my memory is correct.

I fished with Charlie for his TV show and he confided that he never wanted to call it the Ultimate Lure...that was the choice of his marketing people. Charlie was a great guy and in the few hours I got to spend with him I was privy to some funny stories. He had involvement with starting TV guide as well and Chek TV, if my memory is correct.
I remember
I remember his movie salmon spectacular 40 years ago at queen Elisabeth theater the projector broke down we only got to see 15 minutes of the show me and my buddy went and picked up all the thrown away tickets from the garbage and floor made a 460$ not bad for a 12 year old but was still upset that we didn't see the rest of the show

Reactions: RBL
Has anyone had luck catching fish on these? I have one as new (sorry I don't want to part with it) and wondering if I should risk sending it out for a swim.

I did have some success with them back in the day. I was a teenager and interested in new gear and so ran them quite a bit when they were new on the market. They actually fished pretty well for me in Howe Sound/southern Georgia Strait. I heard rumours that sometimes they would break apart if a decent fish was on but that wasn’t my experience. I still have a few. Maybe I’ll give one a drag this month with all the herring starting to show.

Back