Changing Scotty rocket launcher holders on a 2106

Gear'n'beer!

I'm looking to change out at least one of the rod holders on my 2106 as its a real ***** for my girl to get the rod out. The rocket launcher style definitely have a place on the transom for third rigger but I'm going to try old style on one boom mounted so it's a simple lift up. I have no problem doing the machining to relocate the slot but I'm just wondering if anyone has done this and has any recommendations before I remove boom/booms and mill a new slot.

Cheers,
GnB

image.jpg

Before you go to the trouble you could mount a new deck mount receiver forward of the rigger on your gunwhale.

She wouldn't have to lean out at all that way

Yes I have those too for stacking Scott but I like how uncluttered it is using the boom mount. I was a die hard against boom mounted at one point but I have come to like them. Just reading the orca thread and thinking maybe I should try the Scotty 459 extender before I mill another slot in the boom.

GnB

You might also consider using an extension that would put the holder above the height of the rigger top. You can now get different gear sets that posisition the holder at different angles so as not to interfere with the downrigger. It is then possible to have the rod directly above the downrigger so there is no necessity to lean over the gunnel to reach the rod.

Check out the pics of my set up in the orca thread, its all bolt on and rod is nice and handy to reach as it sits above the rigger motor, Folbe not scotty but parts interchange.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back