Chamber Sealers

Yeah I am happy with price. I am pumped to get this baby. From all the reviews I hear from you guys and online plus the you tube videos it looks pretty awesome. I plan to build a solid carrying box for it out of 3/4" plywood so I can move it around and give it some protection. I will take it to Seabeam and process my brains out!!

Just pulled the trigger and ordered one online through The Webstaurant Store. $869.00 US with free shipping to Blaine. Supposed to be no tax on the U.S side. Will have to pay duties and taxes when I cross the border plus the exchange rate Visa charges me. Will see how it all works out. First time for me doing this online cross border ordering thing. Should arrive next week.

Dave
take 3 people for a ride down with you mayby no taxes that way
I have come across a few times recently on my own with 320-360US and no duties, thanks and have a nice day is all they say,
on other occasions I usually have wife and 2 kids so never a problem,
we always use the Aldergrove x-ing

I am expecting to pay, but hey, who knows maybe I will get lucky. I actually know a few border agents. Maybe I will run into one of them.

I am thinking the only downside to this unit might be that you are limited in how long of a piece will fit into the chamber, which only matters if you wanted to keep a filet whole for some reason.

Just checked with Halfords. Their price went up March 1. The VP215 is now $1,386 + GST + $80 to ship to the Island. Seems I should of noticed this thread last year. Ugggh. Now where to buy? Any thoughts if you don't live in VanCity and can do a cross border pick-up? Anyone have the VP 112? Says it does a larger bag, but that hinged top looks a little flimsy to me.

I purchased a VP215 at a great price in 2012 from outfit below. I just checked their website and they had one for $829 with free shipping to Redmond, WA, but I think I paid even less as they had a few "scratch and dent" units which I was ok with which allowed me to receive an additional discount. I do remember they threw in a lot of bags too. Good Luck. DAJ

Rodriguez Butcher Supply
www.homebutcher.com
1715 West Commerce
San Antonio TX, 78207
(210)-223-6131
philip@homebutcher.com

Last edited by a moderator:
Just picked mine up today in Blaine. I used Hagen's of Blaine as a receiver. Everything went incredibly smooth. No surprises. As previously posted it was 869.00 US with no tax from The Webstaurant Store with free shipping to Blaine. I am thinking Visa will hit me with about 1.12 exchange rate. That makes it about $974 Canadian. I paid 7.50 to Hagens for their fees and then got hit with G.S.T. and P.S.T. at the Pac Hwy border crossing. That was another 114.51. They used a conversion rate of 1.0981 on the 869 US. No duty. I think I got a break on that. They asked me if it was for personal use or commercial, which I told them personal. Not sure if they were thinking commercial they might have added duty because I would be making money off it?? Anyways incredibly happy how well it all worked out and can't wait to get this baby up and running. Total cost, lets call it $1100.00 Canadian all in.

Well my unit is starting to scare me.... I was always worried about the pump and maybe I am worrying to much. I just did the third oil change today... Again the oil worries me... Different tones, dark in color and I hope it's not filings at the bottom....Have a look

Before I bought the unit I now have I asked The guys at B&C Foods who have a few various different sizes and makes of machines for advice. They mentioned that one of the most important things to look for is that the suction opening is not located anywhere on the bottom of the inner chamber. Mine is up on the side wall where moisture or fish juices won't get sucked into the pump. They said they have had pump failures on some machines not designed with this in mind.

I know guys have been looking at ary vp215's as a chamber sealer-just got mine last week-very impressive-sure you can find lots of yak on here about it. What I have to say is about the supply house I got it from. I was very nervous about ordering such an expensive item over the internet but I did a lot of reading and finally ordered from Webstaurantstore.com plus a whole pile of bags, sausage stuffer etc. Had it delivered to a friend in Oregon for pick-up on the way back from Baja. I paid shipping on it but a lot of times it's free-my timeline didn't allow me to wait The cost was 869 us dollars-all 4 boxes arrived safely. nothing was damaged, Tracking information arrived promptly . One small part was missing(not critical)-called them and they put the amount of money back on my visa. In short from my experience this is a reputable company with probably the lowest price on most food supply and sausage making things. It won't fit everyone's needs but if you can swing the delivery they are worth a look.

Good question Marty! I have been experimenting with mine and I am using 40 for a vacuum time, 2.2 for the seal time and 3.1 for the cool down time. I was having a problem with bags losing their vacuum but I attributed it to not enough seal time. There is a bit of a learning curve with the ole vacmaster 215. All in all I am very happy with it. Still working on my carrying box. (Slow, too many distractions!!)

I should add that the thickness of the bag you use affects the seal time. Makes sense.

Last edited by a moderator:
That is it I have had it saving up for one of these... After the amount of waste I just dumped in my freezer a few weeks ago I can't have that anymore... Costco sealers suck. The only work around I found is to saran meat before using the vacuum sealer... All the ones I did that way are fine... But it just a crutch for now getting tired of it...

You guys are all happy with VP215??

Buy one! You won't regret it. I took mine to Bamfield with me this year and it made the vacuum sealing process sooooo much easier, faster and waaaay better than those POS foodsavers! I got my plywood box built so I can transport it and give it some protection from being damaged. I will post a picture later. You will find (at least I do) that you will use the machine for a lot more purposes than just fish!
Dave

DT, Which size bags do you find work best for fish ? 3 mil or 4 mil ? Anyone buy from pleasanthillgrain dot com ? They have the best prices, that I can find :)

Thanks FA. Two minutes from my place. Emailed them to see what there prices are like :), if they're cheaper I will grab some. If they aren't cheaper, I will order some with the machine :)

$100 and change for 1000 bags you have to set up a free account with them. If it to many bags for you post them on here guys will buy them.

Back