Chamber Sealers

The service is every year on my machine. It is the 42 inch table top model made by Sipromac. Made in Canada too. But way more money than the others discussed in this thread and I wouldn't own it if it weren't for the business. I'll recover the capital outlay in time. I'm using 5mil bags with the longest ones being 27 inches this year. My machine also has 2 sealer bars, one at each end of the chamber. The same model is available with a third bar along the front.

The service is every year on my machine. It is the 42 inch table top model made by Sipromac. Made in Canada too. But way more money than the others discussed in this thread and I wouldn't own it if it weren't for the business. I'll recover the capital outlay in time. I'm using 5mil bags with the longest ones being 27 inches this year. My machine also has 2 sealer bars, one at each end of the chamber. The same model is available with a third bar along the front.

I understand why you bought that unit Rollie. Wild to say the least:cool:. If the volume and demand is there, why not go for the best:).

I don't have the need to do full fillets. The little unit I have does just fine for me with the portion sizes we choose to freeze. The whole chamber sealing thing is incredible and totally different than the vacuum sealing that most folks are familiar with like the food saver brand of machines. Once you try this chamber sealing thing you won't go back:). Again, best piece of kitchen kit I have ever purchased.

Zero liquid through the seal.
Double seal to boot.
Can bag liquids like stews, soups, etc.
5 mil bags.
Less than half the cost for bags and they are twice as thick.
All stainless construction including the pump. Will literally last a lifetime.

I went through 3 high end foodsavers. I had broken single seals and some quality fish that made it to the crab trap. This is what made me see the light so to speak.

Last edited by a moderator:
I changed the oil after I did a bunch of soup stock that was a bit warm still so there was some steam/vapour in the chamber and after 30 or so bags the oil was a bit milky and I changed it.

Anybody here doing foil pouches for canning tuna? My understanding is that you can seal up tuna in the foil pouches with a vacuum sealer and then by pressure cooking the tuna in the pouch, wind up with a shelf stable product. True? Anyone tried it? Happy with the results?

I would think that any pressure cooking of Tuna would turn it into the same crap you get in the cans. I think you want a product like pan seared restaurant tuna or sushi quality.

I would generally agree with you on that profisher. Having said that, I've tasted some mighty fine canned or jarred tuna that was quite good. I guess it's all in the quality and technique.;) eman

I eat most of my tuna raw, some seared, some cold smoked and some canned. The home caught canned is real good and it brings back the memories of the trip too. Lots of tuna sandwiches.

Haven't tried the retort bags yet, so far I like the look of jars on the shelf better than foil bags.

I eat most of my tuna raw, some seared, some cold smoked and some canned. The home caught canned is real good and it brings back the memories of the trip too. Lots of tuna sandwiches.

Haven't tried the retort bags yet, so far I like the look of jars on the shelf better than foil bags.

What he said^^^:). The guy with the IFE^ boat:p. You know they will give you some new decals if you ask :cool:.

Can't find the website for quality matters to get a vp215-they must have gone under?? Best price I see now is webrestaurant for 889-free shipping in the States. Anyone care to add a price and location?

If I had 2 or three I'd like them more :) I always had 2-3 vac sealers to cut down in time and over heating. My VP215 works well, doesn't overheat but it takes a long time only having one.

Marty let us know if you get one and where you end up ordering it from. I am still interested in getting one.

I know for a while there Halfords in Alberta would practically match the US prices. Just had to talk to them. They would toss in extra bags, shipping, reduce the price and in the end it worked out to the same price as the US web price. That's when our dollar was good. It would be interesting what they'd do now.

Just pulled the trigger and ordered one online through The Webstaurant Store. $869.00 US with free shipping to Blaine. Supposed to be no tax on the U.S side. Will have to pay duties and taxes when I cross the border plus the exchange rate Visa charges me. Will see how it all works out. First time for me doing this online cross border ordering thing. Should arrive next week.

Dave

Back