Chamber Sealers

What is everyone using for seal times, vacuum, cool down time for 4mil bags ? An what settings for retort pouches ?
4 Mil Bags
Seal Time-
Vacuum Time-
Cool Down Time-
Heating Element Temp- Low/Med/High

Retort Pouches
Seal Time-
Vacuum Time-
Cool Down Time-
Heating Element Temp- Low/Med/High

Looking at the Ary 215 best deal is $1069 can plus flat shipping fee of $9..
Plus tax
what would be the biggest meat item that would fit? EXAMPLE largest moose roast?.? Is 10x 16 the biggest bag that works?
have a moose tag and elk tag if going to get this I should get hustling..
the replacement oil is now available at cabelas..
mostly thinking of sealing big game meat with 4 ml bagd..
exellent posting info..
steven

Williams lake bc

Looking at the Ary 215 best deal is $1069 can plus flat shipping fee of $9..
Plus tax
what would be the biggest meat item that would fit? EXAMPLE largest moose roast?.? Is 10x 16 the biggest bag that works?
have a moose tag and elk tag if going to get this I should get hustling..
the replacement oil is now available at cabelas..
mostly thinking of sealing big game meat with 4 ml bagd..
exellent posting info..
steven

Williams lake bc

6-8 pounds, $999 on Amazon.ca with free shipping when in stock.

I think I solved the problem on my machine. I bought some new oil and flushed the machine about 5 time with new oil and now it seems not to be misting. On my last inspection I noticed that some of the filter elements inside the machine show signs of oil. I have ordered new filters which I am still waiting on.

Your new one! WTF hopefully you can return it under warranty..Let me know how it works out I still haven't bought mine... I am just crutching my costco one this season... It really sucks but have workaround....

Just take it back and get a new one. I'm on my 3rd.....the new one they have is better than previous ones

FA, does your machine mist oil into the chamber or in the motor compartment ? Where does it mist out of (pics) ?Have you tried adding the minimum /maximum amount of oil to the machine to see if that makes any difference ?

Hmmm chatted with Gary at Vacmaster..he felt these misting issues were relted to moisture getting into the oil..not changing oil often enough..
on a new machine after first 100 bags..then every 500 bags...
Gary was knowlegable and helpful...
cheers
Steven

I got my VP215 shipped to my door today from amazon.ca for $1118.88 cad taxes in. It says two to four weeks on the web site, took sixteen days, but
it always takes longer to get stuff to Pender Harbour. I tried it, I like it!

Congrats markfarley. Your going to love it.

I haven't had any of the misting issues. I change the oil religiously. The VP215 is perfect for what I do. I like to portion things then freeze. The seal bar on mine is just about ready for some new tape (that comes with the unit). Quite a few hundred cycles under it's belt and not a single hick up. Easy to clean, all stainless, best bang for the buck in it's size range.

Yeah, I would love to get one of the ones FD posted up in other thread, but that would cut into the tuna tackle budget lol.

I see the vp112 is a $100 less and has a little bigger chamber. Would that be a better choice than the vp115?

Oops I realize I was looking at the 115 and nort the 215.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back