Catch of the Day

how deep are these guys at Langford these days? are you just trolling in the slowest speed?

type 6 lines all the way out, so around 35-40 ft in 50 ft of water

kunni

Mike bought a new bought and we thought we would get it wet. Dunked it in Langford after viewing Kunni's past report. Was a good idea. Mike got a couple 15" ers and missed a few then I saw Kunni trolling around the aerator. Went over and had a chat he showed me his flies I showed him mine. Then we parted ways.

I tried a couple patterns he gave me without much luck. I went to a old standby black and red UV leech with a copped body wrap and gold cone head. Second pass around the aerator and My rod sank and I lifted up. It was a solid fish. Diden't see it for a few minuted. It took off and my reel screamed. I knew it was a good one. Mike made sure I was aware his new boat has no net. Finally I get it up to the side of the boat for a look. Wow nice fish. My buddy Matt asked me to get him a trout and this one looked good to me. Mike tailed it like a semi-pro after 4 tries. We weighed it in at wise-buys. 4-7oz.

Cheers KK

I don't know if its just me,but the photobucket pics are terrible when using tapatalk.

Nice fish though, cheers!

You guys are killin me with these massive rainbow pics, i gotta get over to the mainland and pick up my new jon boat.. arg...All on sinking line kunni ? no action on the dryflies...damn i need a spare spool too i guess..

When you fish for the carp it is just with canned corn kernels right? Any rigs work best?

When you fish for the carp it is just with canned corn kernels right? Any rigs work best?

people also use homemade boilies, which are like corn flour balls. I have heard bread balls or cat food can also be used, but Cobra Driver is the one to ask about this topic. :)

Kunni

people also use homemade boilies, which are like corn flour balls. I have heard bread balls or cat food can also be used, but Cobra Driver is the one to ask about this topic. :)

Kunni

:cool:

Right now corn is good some days and so-so on others, there seems to be hot spots that change throughout the year(summer, lol), if you want daily info on what, where and how...and you're on facebook, click here to join the group --> https://www.facebook.com/groups/elklakecarp/
June was crazy good, it slowed for July & August but things pick back up for September.

caught these this morning at elk. one from the boat and another from the wall. Boy was happy, I let him real the largemouth in from the wall.
533229_10153199529665327_347957546_n.jpg1185828_10153198704430327_998495786_n.jpg

nice job! better get the bass fishing in while its still warm. What were those caught on?

Kunni

have you ever used yum dingers?

Kunni

not sure, what does it look like?
might hit up Langford lake tomorrow again. or give glen lake a try. haven't fished there yet.

Heres a link. They are in my opinion the best all round smallmouth lure.

http://www.tacklewarehouse.com/Yum_F2_Dinger/descpage-YF2D.html

Island outfitetrs has a decent selection. Make sure you get the f2 dingers not the LPT dingers. The f2 dingers are injected with scent opposed to the LPT dingers which are coated in scent which washes off after about 20 minutes of fishing. Rig them wacky style with no weight and be patient. Cast them out and let them sink along time before giving them a twitch.

If you want bass go to prospect lake fish around the island and along the shore near the golf course.

Kunni

ah yes, I have fished with rubber baits a lot back in Ontario as a kid. always texas rigged them though

Decent day today at langford, started off dragging a leech up to the north end of the lake, caught a small one on the way up. I anchored up and fished chironomids for a while and had three fish biggest was a 21-22incher on my light olive chironomid patterns. It started to rain which didnt bother me, but the thunder started and I packed it in.

Kunni

IMG_2312.jpgIMG_2303.jpg

very nice trout Kunni! I had a similar day this morning targeting bass. As soon as the wind and rain started, the fishing picked up but the thunder was enough for me to head home. I wasn't too upset about leaving early though because I caught my largest smallmouth yet, at least 18" and probably 4+ lbs. Unfortunately my scale died weighing a halibut and I haven't replaced it yet but it was almost twice the size of my biggest before that. IMG_20130915_111558_717.jpg
not a great picture but it easily spanned the length of the net basket which is 18" or so

IMG_20130915_111624_918.jpg
It had a full belly and during the fight a 4" perch was spat out, badly decomposed.

Luckily it was barely hooked and swam away strong.

I caught another one which was maybe 2 lbs
IMG_20130915_112729_706.jpg

nice! About 2 weeks back I had a 14inch smallie while fishing for trout in 50+ feet of water, weird. I assume the bassing is starting to die down so better get them while its hot.

Kunni

Wow nice fish guys !!!

Got my biggest carp to date this morning, refused a net as usual :cool: and hand landed it on the rocks off the wall.
Official weight is 11.3 pounds.

[MzlzswkQOZE] http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MzlzswkQOZE&

Back