Catch of the Day

nice pics kunni. love the resolution (clarity)

nice pics kunni. love the resolution (clarity)

Thanks, I am headed to saltt spring island for the second time this summer targeting bass, so I will be able to get more pictures then

Kunni

I got back from st. mary's on slat spring yesterday. Unfortunatley I forgot the camera, but it was a very slow day so there was very few photo worthy fish. I had 6 smallies, and handful of perch and 2 cutts. Biggest smallmouth was maybe 15 inches.

Kunni

Nice day at prospect today 9 bass 11 trout in a day of fishing, the bass were caught while casting large black leeches toward the shore, the trout were caught down deep (type 6 full sinking lines) on micro leeches in light green, and a black copper.

Kunni
IMG_2246.jpgIMG_2245.jpgIMG_2243.jpgIMG_2242.jpg

I went to prospect again today and had a decent afternoon, 8 trout in the usual 14-16 inches and 3 very small bass although I had a very large bass on probably around 4 pounds! It spat after a 2 minute fight. I was only out for about 4 hours but the fishing was great for the summer. Black leeches were the top producer.

kunni

IMG_2257.jpgIMG_2259.jpg

I find the big trout lay in the trough between the island and the guy with all the sand bags on his shore. Give that tack a go and try to follow the odge of the center weed bed. Got 3 fish in a row there one day all were 16-18"

-KK

Thats the deeper water, its gets to around 50ish ft? I normally have great success around the island at up near the golf course, but for some reason it was dead up there yesterday. I think I had one fish up there. The rest were too the right of the boat launch in 20-30 ft of water, weird. I expected them to be in the deep water because it was 77 Fahrenheit. It is possible that I am not getting deep enough and that I am fishing close to the bottom in 20-30 ft of water and only mid way in the water column in 50 ft of water. I was using type 6 lines on both rods all the way out.

thanks for the tip

Kunni

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice job Rendraw thats a huge fish! I was able to get out to langford lake today and put in a full 12 hours. The fishing for me was really bad in the morning, but it picked up by 12. I had 3 fish that were pushing 20 inches, and a lot of other fish that were around 14-16 inches. I had nothing under 12 inches which was surprising considering that last time I was at langford I was only catching small fish. Purple leeches tied with rabbit tales were good, and small black and copper leeches. All of the pictures are of different fish. Also note that the boat launch at langford is not were it used to be, you have to stay on the trans canada and take a left by the first lights next to the Harley dealership

Kunni

IMG_2268.jpgIMG_2270.jpgIMG_2271.jpgIMG_2273.jpgIMG_2274.jpgIMG_2275.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Slayed em at langford today. Over 30 fish in 11 hours, there was an ant hatch on for about 1 hour, and the fishing turned on then. I didnt have any ant patterns on me so I ended up fishing a pumpkin head that was similar in colour to the ants. The ants were a light orange. I was also able to land a double header, and with barbless hooks thats not easy. Most of the fish were around 14 inches but I had a few fish close to 18. These are the bigger ones of the day.

Kunni

IMG_2281.jpgIMG_2284.jpgIMG_2288.jpgIMG_2289.jpg

Nice work buddy. Gotta love those days! This weather will get them going all day long!

-KK

Yeah it was awesome I will try get out again on saturday, I would really like to get another big one

Kunni

2013 Derby fish.jpg
This is our 6 1/2 lb'er from the Stuart lake fishing derby on Canada day weekend. Close, but not quite a winner.
It is however, the first time in the derby that I got to enter a fish.
All fish have to be over 5lb to enter.
These were all caught on the first day, within the first 2 hours. Nothing else all weekend.

great job those are some huge fish! Welcome to the forum. Stuart lake is close to fort st. James? What were those caught on?

Kunni

Yes Kunni, Stuart lake is in Ft. St. James.
These, I believe, were caught on a 3" plug. Last weekend, my orange apex was working wonders. Wondering what will be catching them this weekend.

you spent 11 hours fishing langford lake? My god

I did just over 12 hours last sunday at langford, the fishing been good, you gotta take advantage of it

Kunni

Nice trout Kunni.. i finally caught my first trout on the flyrod the other day... it was a monster nearly 6 inches..caught him roll casting a rolled muddler in gold.. small cutty, hopefully one day i will catch one worth taking a picture of but i was stoked to just C&R one on the fly..still lots to learn..

Back