Catch of the Day

doesnt seem long ago i was out on prospect lake every single day - all day. Now i get bored with trout.. its ALL about salmon on the fly now haha

Nice trout Kunni.. i finally caught my first trout on the flyrod the other day... it was a monster nearly 6 inches..caught him roll casting a rolled muddler in gold.. small cutty, hopefully one day i will catch one worth taking a picture of but i was stoked to just C&R one on the fly..still lots to learn..

Good job, its a good start. I went out many a time before I got a fish on the fly, so it sounds like your doing well. Having a boat gives a considerable advantage, but trolling flies from a boat ( what I have been doing over the summer) is not really fly fishing, I consider it fishing with flies. Really looking forward for there to be a bit more chironomid action so I can start some real fly fishing. There has been minimal chironomid hatches as of late though.

Kunni

doesnt seem long ago i was out on prospect lake every single day - all day. Now i get bored with trout.. its ALL about salmon on the fly now haha

In the river systems? If not where? Beech fishing? I would really like to fly fish in the ocean. Maybe I could do that when I can get a rig together.:D

Kunni

In the river systems? If not where? Beech fishing? I would really like to fly fish in the ocean. Maybe I could do that when I can get a rig together.:D

Kunni

all of it - this fall im traveling up and down the island fly and spin casting for salmon... all fall - if you want - any members who read this included - ill take you out to sooke river in october for some catch and release Chum and coho. I just use my regular 5/6 weight and dont have any troubles.

absolutely slayed at langford today. I had over 20 fish, 6 of them were over 18 inches. The largest was 23 inches, the last picture!! I kept 2 in the 21 inch range. I was fishing size 12 black and copper leeches, and size 16 pumpkin heads, super small.

kunni

IMG_2290.jpgIMG_2299.jpgIMG_2301.jpgIMG_2293.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
the larger ones I normally do in the oven, there too big to pan fry LOL. I dont have a smoker, but I have had smoked trout and really enjoyed it.

Kunni

Nice fish Kunni ! Was great to meet you today.
Yeah in the oven wrapped in tinfoil with some fresh herbs is my favorite way to go.

Been a while since I fished freshwater but nailed these 2 this morning before work....

Attachments

• Augcarp.jpg
    Augcarp.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 261
lol, Karma-Kazi? He has great luck with the larger fish, I am still figuring out how to get them. Might get out on tuesday or thursday every other day I am working :)

Kunni

Mike bought a new bought and we thought we would get it wet. Dunked it in Langford after viewing Kunni's past report. Was a good idea. Mike got a couple 15" ers and missed a few then I saw Kunni trolling around the aerator. Went over and had a chat he showed me his flies I showed him mine. Then we parted ways.

I tried a couple patterns he gave me without much luck. I went to a old standby black and red UV leech with a copped body wrap and gold cone head. Second pass around the aerator and My rod sank and I lifted up. It was a solid fish. Diden't see it for a few minuted. It took off and my reel screamed. I knew it was a good one. Mike made sure I was aware his new boat has no net. Finally I get it up to the side of the boat for a look. Wow nice fish. My buddy Matt asked me to get him a trout and this one looked good to me. Mike tailed it like a semi-pro after 4 tries. We weighed it in at wise-buys. 4-7oz.

Cheers KK

pretty decent day at langford, boated around 10 biggest was a 22 incher, bonked a 21 incher which my friend took home. Didnt get any pictures but it was a fun day

Kunni

Carp still active at elk lake?

very, it will start to heat up in september and will die down over the winter. They are multiplying like crazy, and they travel in huge schools. Lots of people are targeting them with pretty good success

Kunni

Back