Catch of the Day

I'm just curious, do you eat those carp?

I do not.

oh yeah another amazing fish! I am going out next weekend to elk and am going to target those things. Any tips?

Kunni

Thanks ! If you really want to do fly rod fishing check the old thread a few pages back called Elk Lake Carp.
Most of the guys would sight fish them from a boat in the shallows, spot 'em, cast flies at 'em and nail 'em.
I just bait fish for them on the bottom with a spinning rod, you never know if or when it's gonna happen...but when it does...you'll know! :D

Monday got a 9.9 lb carp and my first ever Largemouth bass(about the size of my hand LOL)
Today a 7.1 carp.
Carp pics on Island Outfitters fb page or click the link in my sig below.

Your going to be touted as a freaking HERO for saving the lake! Sombody give this guy a trophy or somthing! LOL

Great work man keep it up!

-KK

got to a lake that i wouldnt normally fish. The water temperature was averaging 75 Fahrenheit, yikes! The fish wasnt to good, but will still managed to boat a few. Here's the largest, a super skinny cuttty, measured in at 22inches but probably around 2.25 lbs. It was caught on a stickleback minnow pattern (KK's recipe). I am heading out for some bass tomorrow, I will get lots of pictures.

Kunni

IMG_2065.jpgIMG_2066.jpg

There are cutties in there that would eat that ;) Keep looking. Nice work though. Its way to hot for steady action now! But im sure the cutties will keep feeding.

-KK

There are cutties in there that would eat that ;) Keep looking. Nice work though. Its way to hot for steady action now! But im sure the cutties will keep feeding.

-KK

yeah, i am REALLY looking forward to going back when in cools down, some big fish in that system

kunni

Fished trout lake on Bowen Island, cutties were quite a bit bigger then average 3-4 inch longer then average in the spring, also way fatter. Another thing I noticed was they are a lot darker, like where the fish in kunni's photo the fish is green alot of mine were black and reds were very dark. Can anyone explain? Also the bite was on like donkey kong! Sorry I didn't take any pics

Fished trout lake on Bowen Island, cutties were quite a bit bigger then average 3-4 inch longer then average in the spring, also way fatter. Another thing I noticed was they are a lot darker, like where the fish in kunni's photo the fish is green alot of mine were black and reds were very dark. Can anyone explain? Also the bite was on like donkey kong! Sorry I didn't take any pics

nice sounds like great fishing. i know bass get darker as they spend more time in the sun, kind of like a sun tan if you will. Not sure about the cutts though, I assume that the sun would effect them too.

I fished bass today, and had no luck except for sunfish

kunni

Got 3 cutties @ Grass Lake, 1 is in mah belly !

Attachments

• DSCF0583.jpg
    DSCF0583.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 719
  • DSCF0584.jpg
    DSCF0584.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 716
  • DSCF0585.jpg
    DSCF0585.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 719
  • DSCF0586.jpg
    DSCF0586.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 713
  • DSCF0589.jpg
    DSCF0589.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 713
  • Dcutty.jpg
    Dcutty.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 713
Last edited by a moderator:
looks great, is that your sports pal canoe in the background?

Kunni

looks great, is that your sports pal canoe in the background?

Kunni

Thanks !
Haha, no, it's a 2-3 hour hike there so I take as little as possible, it's always been there(as long as I've been going).
She's a leaker and very uncomfortable to "sit" in ;)

oh ok, weird its sitting out there. someone must of had a job getting that thing in too the lake

kunni

awesome day at prospect lake today with SouthIslandSmallmouthSlay, (what a name! :p). We boated 8 decent fish from 12-16 inches in 3 hours. Leeches on deep lines were working well. All were released, but theres a story. After we released our 6th fish a huge eagle came down and took the fish 10 ft from our boat. It was incredible, I felt the gust of air made by the eagles wings as it flew over top of me. The eagle had been circling our boat, and was constantly trying to steal fish so we were forced to catch an release very quickly. Unfortunately I didnt get a photo of the eagle, but trust me it was spectacular!

Kunni

Last time I was on Prospect I watched the eagle snag a trout off the surface.

Cool, prospect has a large eagle population. I have seen eagles take fish at prospect, but never had one come this close to me.

Kunni

awesome day at prospect lake today with SouthIslandSmallmouthSlay, (what a name! :p). We boated 8 decent fish from 12-16 inches in 3 hours. Leeches on deep lines were working well. All were released, but theres a story. After we released our 6th fish a huge eagle came down and took the fish 10 ft from our boat. It was incredible, I felt the gust of air made by the eagles wings as it flew over top of me. The eagle had been circling our boat, and was constantly trying to steal fish so we were forced to catch an release very quickly. Unfortunately I didnt get a photo of the eagle, but trust me it was spectacular!

Kunni

Awsome! Those birds are a lot bigger then they appear at a distance :p

awesome day at prospect today with a friend from Ottawa. We had 11 trout, and a lone bass. The trout where very difficult to hook, and we must have had close to 30 hits but they just werent sticking, hooks were super sharp. The trout were down deep, as one would expect. Flashy leeches were good,and probably helped entice the cutts that we were catching. Everything was released and small, under 18 inches.

kunni

IMG_2232.jpgIMG_2233.jpgIMG_2234.jpgIMG_2235.jpg

Back