Catch Greenlings for bait

Use of fish for bait
When sport fishing, you may not waste any fish suitable for human consumption. However, you are allowed to use fish offal, herring, mackerel, northern anchovy and Pacific sardine as bait when fishing with traps.

simple cant use a good fish to satisfy you needs

Guys is says when fishing with traps...

Last time i checked hes using a rod and reel...

Couldn't get him out with bare hands too slippery so stuffed a gaff in his butt got him out he was kicking pretty good so I sent him back with an extra asshole.
T

Use of fish for bait
When sport fishing, you may not waste any fish suitable for human consumption. However, you are allowed to use fish offal, herring, mackerel, northern anchovy and Pacific sardine as bait when fishing with traps.

simple cant use a good fish to satisfy you needs

I have been thinking about this and I won’t actually be wasting good fish. You see it’s more like a “turducken” of fish. It will be a Greenling, stuffed with a anchovie, & then stuff that into a Lingcod. I think it will be delicious. ;)

I have caught (and released) many big lings fishing shallow pinnacles where schools Black Rockfish can be found. I use a small jig like a Sting Zilda to catch the Rockfish and if there are any lings around they will glom on to the hooked rockfish as it struggles to free itself.

Guys is says when fishing with traps...

Last time i checked hes using a rod and reel...
It says: However when using traps...... If its rod and reel then: When sport fishing, you may not waste any fish suitable for human consumption

Back