Cash job for inflatable boat repair (Vancouver)

Go.Fish

My buddy in Vancouver is looking to have some re-gluing done a PVC inflatable boat. I’d help but too far away for me.
It’s a 10’ with aluminum hull and some of the flaps to do with the transom area have come loose, boat looks pretty clean but he’s worried about trying himself.
MUST have experience on repairing inflatable boats and be good!
$300 for a 3 hour job maybe?
Please pm....or even post if you know a guy, a shop quoted him 1500 which is crazy

Attachments

• 1893C2D4-F82C-46A5-AD8C-ADE186DE37AC.jpeg
    1893C2D4-F82C-46A5-AD8C-ADE186DE37AC.jpeg
    148.5 KB · Views: 70
  • 4D5073C0-F23D-47E4-8ACB-E0A97BAEFDDA.jpeg
    4D5073C0-F23D-47E4-8ACB-E0A97BAEFDDA.jpeg
    132 KB · Views: 65
If that thing is holding air and it’s just loose reinforcing flaps the resealing is not a difficult thing to do. Tell him to get a can of methylethylketone (MEC) and a rag, get it into the crevises of those flaps to clean the material, then get some PVC glue in there (modest amounts just to cover the meterial, then try and weight it downwhile it dries....I used downrigger ballsplaced in strategic places while it dried

If his inflatable leaks at those places, then it’s an entirely different ball game....same procedure, but in phases (yes, a professional would be appropriate)

I couldn’t imagine paying someone to repair something like that. It would take like 15 minutes….

I received a pm recommending a guy in Coquitlam. Thanks @Ringo! Buddy dropped the boat off yesterday will update how it turns out and his contact info if he’s ok with it
Definitely more than 15mins to repair properly. I would use a heat gun and peel back the entire strips to re-glue from the failed portion towards the end of strips. Stuffing glue in there is hard to get a thin coat and do it proper.

I received a pm recommending a guy in Coquitlam. Thanks @Ringo! Buddy dropped the boat off yesterday will update how it turns out and his contact info if he’s ok with it
Definitely more than 15mins to repair properly. I would use a heat gun and peel back the entire strips to re-glue from the failed portion towards the end of strips. Stuffing glue in there is hard to get a thin coat and do it proper.
Who's in Coquitlam to fix inflatables I have issue I need taken care of too...

Back