Canucks 2023-2024 season

Recency bias is a thing. We’ve seen how he can play. His last season in Sweden was incredible. He carried Timra out of relegation in the Allsvensken pretty much single-handed, and won the golden helmet in his last year in Vaxjo. He was a force in the Bubble playoffs. If he’s not injured, I think he steps up in the playoffs.

I’m trying to not be the quintessential Canucks’ fan and assume the sky will fall. I’m just going to enjoy watching playoff hockey - come what may - it’s been way too long.

I’m trying not to dump on Petey but he publicly said he wanted to play on a winning team when the contract negotiations were on.

Time to keep up your end, young man!

The Canucks' run to the end of regular season has a lot of games against tough and/or desperate teams. They're playing very physical hockey and heavily marking the marquee players they meet, like EP. In other words, it's already playoff hockey. Up to not just EP himself, but the whole team, to make the space needed for him to do what he does best. It's not just an attitude issue in one guy.

I’m trying not to dump on Petey but he publicly said he wanted to play on a winning team when the contract negotiations were on.

Time to keep up your end, young man!
Kessler said the same thing

And EDM beat the Flames to close in further on the Pacific division lead.

Sure looks like most contenders would want to face the Canucks.. That 1-3-1 LA team plays an effective although boring system and in my opinion the only way to bet them is through team toughness. Again the Canucks gave them so much speed through the neutral zone, didn’t intimidate their defence and DeSmith didn’t make the big save. Canucks defence is huge but not nasty. Get mean and in the meantime figure out the PP and the diamond defence. Our 4th line is soft as butter and with Lundholm out the 3rd line is struggling. We have seen it this team is more than capable so execute and put fear back in their game.

Ready as ever for the Noooks to toe pick and face plant to the golf course!! TRADITION !!
No broken ankles here jumping on and off the Free willy Bandwagon ! Never liked em , Never will.

Ready as ever for the Noooks to toe pick and face plant to the golf course!! TRADITION !!
No broken ankles here jumping on and off the Free willy Bandwagon ! Never liked em , Never will.
You mean Golf, Canucks, Golf!
instead of Go, Canucks, Go!

My team won tonight.....

1713494339832.png

Great season for both teams. I don't think either will win the cup, but will be interesting to see how far they both go in playoffs.

Last edited:
Back