Canucks 2023-2024 season

Boudreau was a good guy and all but the way the team played was a free for all. Fun at times but not very effective. With Tochet it looks like everyone knows what their job is and where they need to be on the ice. Big difference from last year.
I really think adding Hronek has helped a lot as well as Soucy and Cole.
Let’s hope they can keep up the good play.

The biggest change I’ve noticed since the Philadelphia game is the conscious puck support - they’re really limiting turnovers with a guy cycling back to support through the neutral zone and supporting each other along the boards. Much more thoughtful hockey than the last few years.

Great team win last night especially against a strong Dallas team ( 3 games 4 nights). Not sure yet if the Canucks are for real but TOC has them playing for each other and stifling the country club perception. Mikheyev and Lafferty in my opinion are making a big difference and with Blueger near returning this will surely add secondary support.
On to the Oilers and then on to Ottawa. What’s with the Oiler anyway?

He whines a lot about refereeing.
Oiler forwards in my opinion are not fully committed to a 200’ game therefore leaving gaps in the their defence structure thru the middle of the ice. Missed the last game but the highlights clearly showed the gaps and commitment.
It’s also all about MCDavid and his points which teams have learned to keeping him to the outside. Too much talent on that team to be in this position. I see Goalie Campbell was put on waivers yesterday. $5m AAV to the minors and hoping he finds his game. Not likely, but something much bigger needs to happen and not necessarily the coach.

Last edited:
They certainly abducted Tyler Myers! He is currently in the top 5 defensemen in the NHL for +/-! I had to check twice to make sure I wasn’t imagining it!
Tocchet said he loves Myers and he’s only if the best d men. Shocking!

Myers, believe it or not is tied for 5th in plus minus for the entire NHL at plus 10. He has scored a couple beautiful goals so he does need some credit. I think the coaches are trying to get him him to play a simpler game which works better for him. I hope he keeps it up because we need everyone to be playing well.

Three way tie for league scoring title... all Canucks. And now leading Vegas on points in the western conference.

We've been transported back to 2011 by an invisible time machine. It's the only explanation that fits the facts.

Great that the fans showed a lot of class in the emotional BO tribute. Very fitting send off to a class individual. Cheered the tribute, booed when on the puck. Thats sports. As for the game, warts are beginning to show but to their credit they persevered. Maybe 5 games in 8 days taking its toll. Hughes and Miller outstanding, EP40 a little off his game for some reason. Nagging wrist injury?
Could you possibly imagine if the Leafs had the 3 top in scoring. LOL

Last edited:
Not gonna lie, I’m pretty stoked about the Canucks getting Zadorov. Alvin has substantially increased the size and talent of the defense since last season following the Golden Knights formula

Back