Canucks 2021 Season

Very rewarding win last night with a surging PP. EP40 has differently found his game and along with is line mates is making a difference. Tough eastern road trip ahead.
Really liked the retro black skate jerseys as well. Keepers for sure.
Best game of the year IMO everyone played hard even on the PP and kept pouring it on. Thats how they should play the game every night.

Good team win last night except for about 10 minutes in the 3rd. Timely timeout by BB. Let's face it though the Rangers were spent from an emotional game against Pittsburg the night b4. Nice to see the schedule on the other foot and the Canucks taking advantage of a tired team.
Off to NJ tonight. A little surprised to hear the Canucks haven't won there in 8 years.

Good team win last night except for about 10 minutes in the 3rd. Timely timeout by BB. Let's face it though the Rangers were spent from an emotional game against Pittsburg the night b4. Nice to see the schedule on the other foot and the Canucks taking advantage of a tired team.
Off to NJ tonight. A little surprised to hear the Canucks haven't won there in 8 years.
Pour it on and don't get complacent! that's when the rangers jumped on them.. luckily they weathered the storm with Demko!

Pretty hard to win with poor goal tending .! ! :( :(:(
No kidding, 6 goals on like 13 shots. Who by the way signed Halak with a NMC. Can't bring in Spencer Martin.
Myers and OEL were a mess tonight as well. Not sure why BB broke up the EP6, Pod and Hoglander line either.

No kidding, 6 goals on like 13 shots. Who by the way signed Halak with a NMC. Can't bring in Spencer Martin.
Myers and OEL were a mess tonight as well. Not sure why BB broke up the EP6, Pod and Hoglander line either.
Just curious why they can’t bring in Martin

Just curious why they can’t bring in Martin.

Halak has a no movement clause signed by JB. So if he agrees to a change of scenery either the AHL, waivers or a trade that would work for Martin. If he doesn't Martin can only be called up on an emergency basis. Much like last time. The cap also plays a roll as well along with his 1.25m bonus that just kicked in for playing 10 games. JB's signing here has tied JR's hands unless Halak agrees to it.Otherwise a buyout is the only option. Let's face it prior to the last 2 games Halak has been adequate so hopefully he works his way out of this funk. Unfortunately he is the scapegoat and rightly so for the last couple of games but the defence performance hasn't helped.

This may be one of the most frustrating stretches we may experience for a while; and being a Canucks fan my whole life, that’s saying a lot. They are capped out, not quite good enough to get into playoffs, no prospects and no money to retain decent players like Horvat Boeser and Miller. and we have to watch our core players get older with no pieces to build around them.

i’ve done this my whole life so i’m very accustomed but i’m just done with this team. told my brother we should just start fresh with the kraken. they will win cup before canucks i swear

Hear you for sure River Boy. Been there since opening day and pretty much seen it all over the years. Always felt the NHL powers to be looked at Vancouver as an afterthought and constantly except for a few short years the team has always been mediocre. Too bad as the fan base is passionate and deserves more, the media especially out of Toronto are biased and that has always been concerning. The good years when the team prospered the Canucks had respectability and it's not a coincidence as success was partially due to Pat Quinn and Brian Burke. I am sticking with them as I have become numb and have excepted mediocrity. Too bad really but it is what it is. I still like to complain to myself although it mostly falls on my deaf ears.

Hear you for sure River Boy. Been there since opening day and pretty much seen it all over the years. Always felt the NHL powers to be looked at Vancouver as an afterthought and constantly except for a few short years the team has always been mediocre. Too bad as the fan base is passionate and deserves more, the media especially out of Toronto are biased and that has always been concerning. The good years when the team prospered the Canucks had respectability and it's not a coincidence as success was partially due to Pat Quinn and Brian Burke. I am sticking with them as I have become numb and have excepted mediocrity. Too bad really but it is what it is. I still like to complain to myself although it mostly falls on my deaf ears.
Haha O believe me i’m not going anywhere! i’m riding the Canucks dysfunctional bandwagon till the end. But they are honestly frustrating. i hate to give the Leafs credit for anything but they should do what they did a few years back ( also Rangers) and just sell anything and everything for picks and prospects and start over. literally burn it down and start fresh.

Well they pulled it out Hoggie and vasily who woulda thought I thought for sure they were gonna take a dump when it was 3-2

Haha O believe me i’m not going anywhere! i’m riding the Canucks dysfunctional bandwagon till the end. But they are honestly frustrating. i hate to give the Leafs credit for anything but they should do what they did a few years back ( also Rangers) and just sell anything and everything for picks and prospects and start over. literally burn it down and start fresh.
I too have been a fan since day 1. With 2 notable exceptions the team has never been a real contender Most of the time in between as with now, the team is mediocre, it manages to barely get in to the playoffs, or has a late season surge to get somewhat close. What it always means is the teams potential is ALWAYS over estimated, they never break it down and try to build it when they have an opportunity, and instead spend endless draft picks on rental players, and over pay guys like Rousell, Erickson, Beagle, Sutter, Pearson, OEL, and the list goes on, thinking that one guy is all they need.

Two years ago they could have gotten significant returns for Tanev and Markstrom, two guys they knew they couldn't sign. Instead they give away prospects and picks for Toffoli, who they also couldn't sign. A year later they try to replace Toffoli with Garland, and give up 9th overall pick and take on an albatross contract in OEL (and have a worse defenseman than Tanev for 3 million more AND 3 extra years!) . In a world where they were trying to build a top team, they would have sold the guys they could have gotten returns for , let all the bad contracts ( Beagle, Erikkson Rousell etc) run out this year, have another decent pick this year, and some cap space next year to fill some holes. Instead they are capped out, have no prospects, and are stuck with OEL for another 6 years. Will they sneak into the playoffs? Maybe and face Colorado! Perhaps that's all ownership wants, to get 2 or 3 playoff revenue games per year, maybe get lucky and get 4 or 5 once in a while.

I too have been a fan since day 1. With 2 notable exceptions the team has never been a real contender Most of the time in between as with now, the team is mediocre, it manages to barely get in to the playoffs, or has a late season surge to get somewhat close. What it always means is the teams potential is ALWAYS over estimated, they never break it down and try to build it when they have an opportunity, and instead spend endless draft picks on rental players, and over pay guys like Rousell, Erickson, Beagle, Sutter, Pearson, OEL, and the list goes on, thinking that one guy is all they need.

Two years ago they could have gotten significant returns for Tanev and Markstrom, two guys they knew they couldn't sign. Instead they give away prospects and picks for Toffoli, who they also couldn't sign. A year later they try to replace Toffoli with Garland, and give up 9th overall pick and take on an albatross contract in OEL (and have a worse defenseman than Tanev for 3 million more AND 3 extra years!) . In a world where they were trying to build a top team, they would have sold the guys they could have gotten returns for , let all the bad contracts ( Beagle, Erikkson Rousell etc) run out this year, have another decent pick this year, and some cap space next year to fill some holes. Instead they are capped out, have no prospects, and are stuck with OEL for another 6 years. Will they sneak into the playoffs? Maybe and face Colorado! Perhaps that's all ownership wants, to get 2 or 3 playoff revenue games per year, maybe get lucky and get 4 or 5 once in a while.
Sounds like you and i need to meet up and just hold each other and cry.

Back