Canucks 2021 Season

Really like Burroughs , gives the Canucks some toughness that they are sorely lacking , unfortunately I think they need to trade Miller to get some more depth , Canucks won’t be a contender for a couple of years - best case. - although he will be a big hole in the lineup to fill again

Really like Burroughs , gives the Canucks some toughness that they are sorely lacking , unfortunately I think they need to trade Miller to get some more depth , Canucks won’t be a contender for a couple of years - best case. - although he will be a big hole in the lineup to fill again
He would be a tough player to replace on the team as he is a player that is required to go some where down the road. Then there is the question down the road of what is the cost to find such a replacement

Not a good loss last night, same story, not ready to play but at least had the will in the 2nd and 3rd to make a game of it. Loved Schenn, we need more just like him.
I see Oilers turfed Tippett this morning. Maybe not too late but you gotta wonder Nugent- Hopkins 12 coaches in 11 years. Never addressed their goaltending woe's and no any significant upgrades on defence.
Drama in Edmonton as Holland needs to feel the heat about his choices. Hope Duncan Keith is ok as he really took a smack into the boards. Although never cared for the guy after elbowing Sedin.

Ya ...crap start for sure.. made a game of it for sure in the second and 3rd but too deep of a hole to get out of

I like Noah Juulsen too , i think they were chatting about him and Burroughs last night between periods , hopefully they can keep both and jettison Poolman and maybe Meyers ...

I heard the Oil are paying Nurse 9.25 M , ugh , Myers contract doesn't look so bad beside that , they picked up a bad apple in Kane and karma is paying them back , what a mess

Talk about JB's poor asset management as Calgary just handed Montreal a kings ransom for Toffoli.
2022 1st, 2024 5th, Pitlick and Heineman. Boy, Calgary is looking real good stepping up for the playoffs.
Will always wonder why JB basically thru away Tanev, Markstrom and Toffoli for nothing.

Clearly Benning was in over his head with respects to running this franchise , maybe Aquilini told him he couldn’t hire anymore staff , it seemed as though more qualified people left every year , in my opinion blame for this mess starts at the top

Why did they ever let Toffoli go in the first place????.....C,A,
Jimbo ran out of time. Also thought that Toffoli would want way more than what he signed for in Montreal so he didn't even make an offer. An unbelievable offseason of botching deals and letting everyone walk. Now they are all on the Flames and going to be a wagon in the west.

Jimbo ran out of time. Also thought that Toffoli would want way more than what he signed for in Montreal so he didn't even make an offer. An unbelievable offseason of botching deals and letting everyone walk. Now they are all on the Flames and going to be a wagon in the west.
Maybe we should call the Flames the Flanucks.…. :)

Last edited:
That was just painful! Tough on the old guy.
Some want to trade Miller but he did step up when Motte was steamrolled, got the winner meanwhile Horvat just watched the festivities. Just saying. Team needs some sandpaper badly, and personally Miller checks all the boxes for me.

Last edited:
That was just painful! Tough on the old guy.
Some want to trade Miller but he did step up when Motte was steamrolled, got the winner meanwhile Horvat just watched the festivities. Just saying. Team needs some sandpaper badly, and personally Miller checks all the boxes for me.
But it all worked out in the end, lol.
Did you see Boudreau's face when Sharks tied in with .6 seconds left. Sure glad Miller got the winner in OT, phew.

Well I thought the DJ got it right with "Killing me softly". Very appropriate for that lack of pushback and overall effort.
Changes are a coming as the team culture needs a big time overhaul. Over to you Jim Rutherford.

Why did they ever let Toffoli go in the first place????.....C,A,

The scary part is what that entire fiasco cost the Canucks. so they gave up Madden , a second rounder and a conditional for half a season of toffoli. when it came to resign toffoli, Benning was trying to get OEL from Arizona and couldn’t seal the deal so instead got Nate Schmidt and resigned Virtanen when Toffoli wouldn’t wait for Bennings call any longer.

The really scary part? NONE of those players are on the team any more.

The really really scary part? Flames just paid a first rounder and a top prospect for Toffoli s services. canucks could desperately use those right now.

Absolutely horrific asset management by the Canucks as usual; and this is all over just one player.

Very rewarding win last night with a surging PP. EP40 has differently found his game and along with is line mates is making a difference. Tough eastern road trip ahead.
Really liked the retro black skate jerseys as well. Keepers for sure.

Back