Canucks 2021 Season

A couple of buddies who always go to the Canucks game when the Blackhawks are in town told me that the crowd in attendance booed Tocchet. Seems the Canucks org. burned a lot of goodwill these past few months.

Wouldn't it be better if they lost to Chicago as they are currently at the top of draft percentage? Bottom of the league.
By winning against Chicago they lost 4 points basically in the race to get best draft spot
Even if you're dead last in the league, its still a 75% probability that you don't get 1st pick. It's much more likely that someone in the bottom 16 gets it instead of the worst team in the league, but I am still on team tank. We should lose. We should have fired boudreau and not hired a coach and just let JT Miller destroy the team with his **** poor attitude.

Emily had zero to do with the financial issues the canucks and grizzlies endured. All of those issues were the next generation Griffiths issues around strikes and bad timing. When Frank Sr and Emily ran the show it was a different vibe entirely. How we got to here starts when Arthur had to divest himself of the team's and holdings.

Emily had zero to do with the financial issues the canucks and grizzlies endured. All of those issues were the next generation Griffiths issues around strikes and bad timing. When Frank Sr and Emily ran the show it was a different vibe entirely. How we got to here starts when Arthur had to divest himself of the team's and holdings.
I was not suggesting Emily made decisions that put the team where they were financially though. I was dealing with Frank Jr at the time as well, through WIC.

Wic was well sold by then and the kids were on their own, Arthur got caught in the middle of the cash crunch and no one in the family was going to toss him a life line.

I wish the Griffiths held onto the team and building but it wasn't meant to be so here we are.

Wic was well sold by then and the kids were on their own, Arthur got caught in the middle of the cash crunch and no one in the family was going to toss him a life line.

I wish the Griffiths held onto the team and building but it wasn't meant to be so here we are.
not wanting to split hairs here, WIC was how Jr and I communicated and set up work on one of his houses. WIC sold around 97, GM Place opened in 95. There is a well told story about Frank Sr flipping out over the centre ice scoreboard cost as the project was going over budget, and that would have been pre 1995. Strikes were later.

Best thing to do is keep losing and at the end of the year say that we will have a good camp next year and change of pace. And get a top 3 pick. That will also help. Top 1 pick preferred.

Tocchet is probably already wondering if he made the right decision but I guess it’s an easy one when you go from a few hundred grand a year to 3mil for 3 years. Just gotta weather the storm

Let's start another rumour. Management was hired to spiral the team downward so the owners have to sell and an American owner will relocate the team. Portland perhaps.

gettyimages-3458595-612x612.jpg

canucks just inked Kuzmenko to a two year deal at 5.5 million per year. let’s hope he doesn’t go full mogilny and mail it in till his next contract year.

Also that pretty much spells the end for any chance of retaining Horvat as they now are pretty much capped out unless they start buying people out

Back