Canucks 2021 Season

A .555 win percentage is reason to keep someone? He did not make the playoffs last year, his (losing) record was terrible this year, started off with all those losses, had a small win streak, only won 2 games this year and repeatedly lost games they had multiple goal leads in. That is on the coach.

Defense is porous? Isn't the coaching staff supposed to work on that?

Bruce was not the answer, he was a fill in coach, lets see how they do now and if Bruce gets another coaching job.

Half a century of mediocrity and the fans are starting a petition to bring Bruce back, oh and also to get rid of the owners. Reality check time.
They are paying three coaches this year….
I’ll repeat….THREE.

that’s on the players and the management that constructed this team
I agree that BB wasn’t the answer but like i sed before Bowman couldn’t turn THIS ROSTER around.
they have to burn it to the ground and draft and develop in their minor system. So they can all come up together. it’s been 10 years of hamburger hockey…burn it down and start fresh.

this stop gap way of trying to hit on players that other teams have given up never works.

They are paying three coaches this year….
I’ll repeat….THREE.

that’s on the players and the management that constructed this team
I agree that BB wasn’t the answer but like i sed before Bowman couldn’t turn THIS ROSTER around.
they have to burn it to the ground and draft and develop in their minor system. So they can all come up together. it’s been 10 years of hamburger hockey…burn it down and start fresh.

this stop gap way of trying to hit on players that other teams have given up never works.
Boudreau's wage hit only counts as the 3rd payable from the day they signed Tocchet and there's about half a year left on that commitment.

Do you remember when the BC Lions were the bigger draw than the Canucks?

My years of seasons tickets, it was hard to give away a pair of tickets to a contractor, architect etc. unless it was an original six team or the hottest team at that time. No one was going to watch the home team.

My years of seasons tickets, it was hard to give away a pair of tickets to a contractor, architect etc. unless it was an original six team or the hottest team at that time. No one was going to watch the home team.

yeah that all changed when going to a canucks game turned into taking selfies for social media. bertuzzi and naslund days

Boudreau's wage hit only counts as the 3rd payable from the day they signed Tocchet and there's about half a year left on that commitment.

Do you remember when the BC Lions were the bigger draw than the Canucks?

yep it’s hard to believe the mid eighties Pacific Coluseum would typically only have 7000 in attendance. Aquilini is driving the team that way again.

I’m on the island so it’s tough to get to games but even if i got free tickets I would decline. they used to be such a hot commodity.

Also notice all the advertising for tickets on their platforms and radio spots? seasons ticket holders are cancelling their seats in droves as well.

anyways i’m passionate about hockey and i watch a lot of it, and i still play. so watching this clown show really bothers me

yep it’s hard to believe the mid eighties Pacific Coluseum would typically only have 7000 in attendance. Aquilini is driving the team that way again.

That was around when they brought Pat Quinn here to try and build a system and management team to resurrect the public's view and interest. And even that was not done correctly, they got fined by the NHL for tampering as Quinn was under contract elsewhere. Mike Gillis and Alain Vigneault are looking okay, historically.

That was around when they brought Pat Quinn here to try and build a system and management team to resurrect the public's view and interest. And even that was not done correctly, they got fined by the NHL for tampering as Quinn was under contract elsewhere. Mike Gillis and Alain Vigneault are looking okay, historically.
Yep. On a previous post you mentioned mediocrity. No one celebrates and venerates mediocrity like the Canucks. it’s honestly embarrassing. erecting bronze statues for people who haven’t won squat…ring of honour for players that didn’t win…..it has to stop.

just win baby

Yep. On a previous post you mentioned mediocrity. No one celebrates and venerates mediocrity like the Canucks. it’s honestly embarrassing. erecting bronze statues for people who haven’t won squat…ring of honour for players that didn’t win…..it has to stop.

just win baby

Mrs. Griffiths (Canucks owners) was a client of mine at the time Pat Quinn was here, she spoke of him like her only son, she at 4'6 and Pat at 6'3 plus. The team must have been making great money then as they certainly were not spending it on players. This is around the time that Pat said on tv that .500 hockey was a success, which seems to be held by the current owners. It wasn't until they started the arena build that the financial worries started to pile up and losses were killing them, leading to a partial sale, then the full sale to John McCaw.

Yes to the statues and retired jerseys, of which there are at least 2 more to come. The bleeding heart fans eat that stuff up though.

ps...if Adam Foote does join the coaching staff as suggested by Tocchet, there could be a noticeable difference in the defensive play. I saw some video from todays skate and it looked like he is out there already. All those GM Place years when the team sucked, the Avalanche were a must see team, and Foote was one of the best out there.

Canucks management would have saved themselves a lot of grief if they replaced the defensive coaches and kept Budreau. Miller has to go.

Back