Canucks: 2011/2012

I think if the Canucks are either way behind late in the 3rd period in the next game (s) or way in front late in the 3rd....Brown better be ready for some payback. Wouldn't be surprised in Beiska drops the gloves.

first the nhl does not want to get rid of head shots, earlier this year the managers and the nhl told shanahan to back off on the length of his suspensions. cant have these players out that long. all douches, you miss crosby for almost a year, daniel for who knows how long, savard forever and on and on, cheers to carkner, that ***** wouldnt drop the mits like weber did (his debt was paid up) so be it, they need to get their head out of their asses. oh max fine allowed under cba is 2500.00. rooks rant!! ps nucks are cooked lets go fishin!!

Come-on Jackel, you know as well as the rest of us that there is 'the Un-written-Rule' in hockey: You don't mess with the top-guys!

If you do, you are a marked-man. Remember Gretzky & Cement-head.

I would also argue that it wasn't a 'legal-hit'. Sedin didn't have the puck, and wasn't it just a game or so ago that Kasian got called for 'gliding' into whoever it was, much the same as that Brown loser did to Henrick?

Sure, go ahead, be a MAN and show the team how to dish out a cheap-shot against one of the NHL's marquee players; but don't whine when 'the train' pulls into your station unannounced.

Where's the Ripper or Bertuzzi when we need them? Not sure the job would fall to Bieksa; maybe Wiess.

Wednesday nights are not generally 'a-drinkin night' for me, but I just might tonight for the eventuality my sorrows need 'drowning'...

That hit was borderline charging and could have easily been called. As much as you hate to see a guy get away with that on a star player the Canucks didn't need any penalties. As far as the next game I have faith, after that the Canucks cheer will be four............. then five, six and seven. It'll be fore after they win the cup.

The only issue I saw with the Henrick hit, was that it was late. If you look at Rome's hit on Horton last year, the timing was exactly the same. Rome gets 4 games and Brown doesn't even get a penalty. How does that work? If Rome gets suspended last year, how does Brown escape with nothing? It's the same hit!

I don't have a problem with the hit on Henrick. It wasn't a head shot...but a very hard hit on Van's star. Like Littlehawk said...if you take that liberty then you can expect something coming your way. It might just be taking the same opportunity to lay him out with a very hard legal check..or it may be a challenge to drop the gloves. I don't have a problem with a fight over something like this...it settles the score and the teams put it behind them and move on. Otherwise it will fester and someone will be more likely to do something stupid to settle it.

m2b

everyone on the tsn and sportsnet panels agreed it was a legal hit , in slow mo it looks off , no doubt ,
these guys are flyin out there , was NOT an elbow , was all shoulder , Play-off Hockey boyz ,
Gretz was protected by someone that could lol ,nucks dont have that guy !! Zack was bust , shoulda got someone for today , NOT the future..
good luck on the payback of Brown , hes pretty slick , and can take care of himself.
If the nucks want any chance here , they better play before the whistles , stop the bs chirping after the whistles,
get the powerplay going , or there done..if you were betting men , i think we all know who ya would put ur money on....
good luck !

fd

Alumaman. What is the name of the parallel universe you reside in? Is everything else similar? How do you travel between the systems?

Last edited by a moderator:
The Nucks can't get preoccupied with settling a score with Brown. If the opportunity arises to lay a good hit, then take it. But they can't run around looking for him, they will get killed if they do that. Play between the whistles and pick up pace and speed and they should be able to take game 4. I'm assuming that they will score at least 1 goal though.

Kassian will be in the minors next year for a year of grooming. He needs it. He shows flashes of what he can do, but he's not very consistent. He gives up the puck way too easily for a big guy as well. Right now that trade looks bad. Hopefully in a year or two, it looks better. The trade did nothing to help us out this year, in fact I think it hurt us this year. Hodgson could have helped out with Danny being out. But hindsight is 20/20. If Gillis knew Danny would be out, I bet he doesn't make the trade. He saw an opportunity to pick up a big winger with some hands, whose still very young. Those don't come up very often, so he jumped at it as our teams needs a guy like that. I still like the trade for the future, just not the present.

I agree FD. They do need him now. Gillis took a gamble and it hasn't worked yet. You win some and you lose some. We're losing this one right now. I'll still be a Nucks fan in a couple of years, so hopefully he turns out to be the player they expect him to be and we'll watch him dominate for years to come.

Last edited by a moderator:
My glass is now half empty after reading this.

WHY VANCOUVER IS DOWN 3-0

That missing Sedin Daniel Sedin led the Canucks with 30 goals this season, even though he missed the final nine games with a concussion suffered March 21, when he was hit by a vicious elbow from Chicago’s Duncan Keith. Vancouver was struggling to score before he left, and it continued to struggle in his absence, averaging 2.67 goals a game, or about a third of a goal below its season-ending average (2.94). In three playoff games without Daniel, the Canucks are averaging 1.33 goals a game. Henrik Sedin and Ryan Kesler have been held without a goal. Daniel Sedin is expected to practise with the team on Tuesday, but his status for Game 4 remains unclear.

Offensive depth: Vancouver executed one of the few eyebrow-raising moves of the trade deadline in February when it swapped one first-round pick (Cody Hodgson) for another (Zack Kassian) in a deal with Buffalo that was supposed to provide a dose of size to the Canucks roster. It turns out they needed scoring. Hodgson finished with eight points in 20 games with the Sabres (0.40 points a game), while Kassian had three points in 17 games with the Canucks (0.18 points a game). Kassian does not have a point in the first three playoff games of his NHL career.

Goaltending: Jonathan Quick, the 26-year-old Vezina Trophy candidate, has allowed just four goals in three games against Vancouver, and had faced more shots (115) than any other goaltender in the playoffs through Sunday while posting a .965 save percentage. Vancouver’s Roberto Luongo, who was scratched in favour of Cory Schneider on Sunday, had an .891 save-percentage in two starts. (Schneider, who only faced 20 shots on Sunday, is at .950.)

Special teams: Only three playoff teams had not scored a power-play goal heading into play Monday, and Vancouvr was one of them. (Boston and Washington were the others, in a series with 11 power-play opportunities.) And the Canucks conceded a pair of short-handed goals to Kings captain Dustin Brown in Game 2, a 4-2 loss at home.

A move not made With Luongo signed through the 2021-22 season, everyone in the league seemed to be wondering what the Canucks would do with Schneider, a backup who actually outperformed Luongo in several key statistical categories this season. They decided not to trade Schneider, leaving this potential collapse open to hindsight. “If the Canucks had traded him on any of the occasions when it seemed prudent to do so,” columnist Cam Cole wrote in The Vancouver Sun, “they might have had that extra impact player they so desperately needed to help fill the void created by Daniel [Sedin]’s absence.”

Glass is always half full.

Last year was a heck of a ride, even though it ended in heart break. Whatever. It's hockey. I enjoy rooting for my team and watching the games. If they win, cool. If they lose.....the sun still rises in the east and sets in the west. Take it for what it is. Entertainment. Sometimes it's more entertaining than others. Especially when we win. But every team loses as well. If we don't do it this year, I'll watch the playoffs and I'm sure I'll enjoy it, no matter who is playing. I'm not to going to cheer for any other team though. Just going to cheer for entertaining games. As soon as it's all over, I'll start getting jacked up for next year. They'll be some off season trash talking and lots of roster moves to chat about. I talk hockey all year long, because I love my team and I love the game. I've never played it, other than ball hockey, and can't even skate. But I love my team, and losing this year will not change that. If anything, it will make me cheer harder next year because I want to see them succeed and bring a cup to Vancouver, hopefully in my lifetime!

Well said tulameentraper, this is what being a fan and rooting for your team is all about.

578752_828422773123_116202575_38385723_1803968490_n.jpg

Holmes, any good fisherman knows that to catch anything worth catching, you have to learn to SHUT YOUR TRAP. Give us all a break, PLEASE !!!!!

Back