Canucks: 2011/2012

I dont mind Holmes yapping away, its a public forum talking about hockey?? Not likely everyone is going to see things the same. Half the stuff he says is complete BS and I'm sure most of us do the same on the Shithawks thread. The crap most so called Canucks fans post all year long is way more of a pain in the butt. Luongo this, Luongo that....... :mad:

Frustrating time of year though.... down 0-3 F*&^%$CK!!!!

Time to face it...they are not playing well enough to win. The entire team is off. Even if they pulled off a miracle and got out of this round..could they beat the Preds or Flyers right now? Not a chance.

Looks like the fat lady is warming up. Hopefully Daniel sedin recovers fully over summer. Nice to know that Duncan Keith has fully recovered from his five game suspension.

All we can do is hope!!!!! but thats wearing a little thin too....... sorry to say time to look at a bit of a redo we need a few tougher players that stand up and put a bit of FEAR in the other team sedin gets level by a dirty play and NO payback during the game except for mason chirping at him YEAH RIGHT he is one of the worst players on the team and could win a fight he might get his face hurt..... When someone did that when I played the next shift that guy got leveled or we would target there best player...wonder if they want to go fishing soon hey pro???? LOL LOL

wolf

They had one of those "tough" players and got Lou for him. He would get two or more penalties penalties per game and the Nucks were always in a big hole. Nucks hod one bad game (first). They have vastly outplayed LA on last two games and are on the ropes. I think they could grind LA into the ground with that effort. The sad thing is LA will not continue to play like that. Expect LA to go down in four in next round.

On the other hand, the Nucks have an opportunity to make history. No team in history of NHL has won the President's Cup only to go down four straight in the first round. So this is their chance to get out golfing and be remembered more than the Stanley Cup winner.

Yeah, they can smell fresh cut fairway and it is clouding their perspective. #;o)

What a hit by Brown on Hank! Rocked him. Give Hank a ton of credit for coming back. Thought he had a couple wobbly shifts after the hit, but he found it again. Love how he was knocking at the bench door. Hello, is anybody home? I'm a Nucks fan, but that was a great, legal hit. Changed the momentum of that game./ And then Brown scores the winner on really the only juicy rebound Schneids gave up. Once again, Edler was the guy in front of the net. Although I think it was Pahlson that left Brown there. I wonder if Hank will be back next game. I think he played through a concussion last night. He didn't look right for a few shifts after that hit.

Better effort, but we just have no offence. Where's Kes? Higgins? Booth? Our PP has been a non-factor since January. It's really hurting us right now. 8 PPs and no goals last night? I guess we never gave up a shortie, so that's positive? Really missing Erhoff on the point. We don't have a solid point man for the PP. Not that the PP will save us in this series, but a goal or 2 would be nice. The Kings are doing an incredible job of putting the Nucks under pressure. We have no time to make a play. That's how the Nucks played last year. They out worked most teams. They really need to ramp up the effort level if they want to get back in this series. Right now, they are getting beat by a team that is way more hungry.

On another note, I'm all for tough hockey, but this is stupid. All the headshots and general lack of respect for each other in the playoffs is disgusting. It's like MMA on ice. Shannie needs to give out some seriously long suspensions here or it is not going to get better. Asham should be gone for the playoffs. That was disgusting. I know some people love this kind of hockey, but I enjoy watching skilled hockey and big hits. These headshots and elbows are not good hockey. Is somebody going to have to get killed out there before the league does something?

I agree, the head shots show a total lack of respect. Simple fix..the guy throwing the elbow to the head stays out as long as the injured player..period. Keith would be sitting right now, without pay!!!!. The head shots would end overnight. I've said we need more Canadian heart on the team. I like Henrick and Daniel but they don't or can't step it up in the playoffs. As I said before I would rather have a set of twins with the name Linden on their backs.

I agree, the head shots show a total lack of respect. Simple fix..the guy throwing the elbow to the head stays out as long as the injured player..period. Keith would be sitting right now, without pay!!!!. The head shots would end overnight. I've said we need more Canadian heart on the team. I like Henrick and Daniel but they don't or can't step it up in the playoffs. As I said before I would rather have a set of twins with the name Linden on their backs.

I agree, the suspension doesn't start until the player return to play.

X2 Profisher. Why should the guy doing the hitting get a three game suspension while the guy being hit stays out for months. The biggest advocate, windbag Cherry, would hide at slightest confrontation. Of course, he make a lot of money on his video hits.

I would go even farther

When a player like Crosby and other top players are concussed from a head shot, the offending player should receive an indeterminate suspension, but be permitted to apply periodically to have it lifted with a major factor being the progress/return of the damaged player and how many hours of community service they have put in cleaning toilets etc.

There should also be an immediate fine and I am not talking about the $2500. recently assessed to a player who deliberately grabbed a player by the head and slammed his head into the glass until his Helmet broke. These players are paid millions after all. The fines need to reflect that. If these guys drop $2500 it is like us dropping a penny. It is not worth the time to bend over and pick it up.

To solve the serious headshot problem you also need to put pressure on the team itself. I would suggest loss of draft picks would have them taking the issue seriously. Coaches and managers would think twice about bringing up some low talent goon to take out a top player if they knew it was going to cost them their best draft choices and million dollar fines. This is very big buiness, they can afford it and the money could be put into research and support for players who's careers are ended by the goon tactics..

Looks like Daniel will be in LA to practice tomorrow and is hopefully for Wednesdays game, as reported on TSN. Too little too late? Or will he make a difference?

hmm? interested that Daniel may be back. He would make a difference so would be nice to have in the lineup. I hope Schnieder gets the start again as I think the team feels more confident in front of him at this point. Need to bury on our PP opportunities and hopefully Quick doesn't continue to play superhuman. Long odds to fight all the way back but not out of the ?

IF we can win Wednesday, next game is here on Sunday. Lots of rest for Daniel. Kings have to close out Wednesday, and they know it. They don't want to let the Nucks win one. Daniel might be able to free up Buirrows though, as they will have to key in on Daniel. Hopefully could open Burrows up a bit.

If canucks win wednesday, I say they win game 5 as well, then game 6 would be tough...but momentum would be in our favor...however, I thought they were going to win games 2 and 3, so i'm not getting my hopes up for game 4 LOL

I think Danielle watched Henrik and decided if he can play through a concussion so can I.

Don't want to see either Sedin take another hard hit it could be really serious. I don't really think Danielle is close to 100% otherwise he would have played already. That said I won't be surprised if he gives it a go anyways and of course he will say he is 100% regardless of how he feels.

Kassian needs to spend a year or two in the minors just like Hodgson did. I feel bad for him the only reason he is in the line up is because Gillis traded a good producing player for him. If the canucks had drafted Kassian on their own he would be in the minors developing where he belongs. Thanks Gillis trade a talented producing forward for a "tough" prospect who isn't ready for the NHL. Are we re building or trying to win the cup now because that move sure looked like a rebuild move to me.

Even if Kassian turns into a better player than Hodgson the canucks lost this trade because the canucks window is now. Sure you can say the canucks need toughness but Kassian has brought nothing NOTHING to the table and right now they need goals more than toughness.

Hopefully, with a sense of urgency, the Can-Nots will become Can-Do's. They have outplayed LA in two of three games. If the can shake LA confidence they might win the series. On the flip side, LA is playing big time over their heads and will get wiped in the next round.

Back