CANUCKS'- 2010

Tough game down in the Shark tank last night. Could tell the Nucks' were tired from 3 games in 4 nights. Another 'clinic' from Schnieder; sending him back to the minors a couple'a years back was perhaps a career-saving move for him. Bare in mind we had 2-good goalies last year and look what that got us.

Rolly: I sure as hell hope they don't trade Salo; he's the only surviving Vet Nuck D-man and when he's healthy he's among the best... and then there's his killer point-shot (which he needs to use a lot more IMHO). I'd much sooner see Ballard or Hamuseless go, or even Rome than Sammy.

Only problem with Salo is hes like glass you go near him and he breaks..agreed he is good but the nuks got there without him soooo you have to ask yourself do you F@k with whats been going good???the team is playing well and have gelled I think our d is just fine the forwards back check awsome now and support down below.
Tough call I even have to admit Alberts has found his way man he hits hard cant take a punch mind you LOL LOL but a strong bugger....

Wolf

Salo is a great d-man when he is playing. How old is he, how much left on his contract?, would he make it through the entire playoff run in top form? Would the team do better by dumping his salary, get a good young prospect and a play now up front guy to deepen the forwards. If his contract is almost up would the canucks be able to re-sign him...I think they are right up against the cap now...so no room for a raise.

Just checked the standings: Canucks's #1 in the NHL with - 2 points and a game in hand on both Detroit and Philly!

Bask in it boys... bask in it!

Guys.....I like Salo just as much as the next guy (when he's healthy) but someone is gonna go.....we don't have the cap space to keep everyone.

Hamhuis and Ballard aren't going anywhere.....Salo is at the tail end of a contract year with nothing to prove his value with. The only other UFA of note is Bieksa......and as good as he has actually played (I hate him for 3.5) he is gonna have to take a pay cut. But....who do you put out there....Bieksa when he now has some value as he's been pretty good in the past 15 games or Salo who has a medical folder and salary with 3.5 million pieces of paper in each.

My how the tune has changed since the start of this thread !

I saw two posts that were "hurtful" and one of them was holmes..........and he is just plain and simple "hurtful".

What do you want.............fans follow their team and get pissed when their team doesn't produce.

You wanna see "tunes changing".....let's start a Leaves thread and see how it goes from "fire Ronny" to "we're going to the Cup" when one win happens in 10 losses. ;) :p

Salo is a great d-man when he is playing. How old is he, how much left on his contract?, would he make it through the entire playoff run in top form? Would the team do better by dumping his salary, get a good young prospect and a play now up front guy to deepen the forwards. If his contract is almost up would the canucks be able to re-sign him...I think they are right up against the cap now...so no room for a raise.

Gillis has stated many times that he will not ask anyone to waive a no trade clause so Salo will be staying until this season is over, hopefully in late June hoisting the Cup

I think when Salo is able to play we send him to the minors for a conditioning stint....that should solve the problem as the poor fellow will probably get injured down there.

Gillis has stated many times that he will not ask anyone to waive a no trade clause so Salo will be staying until this season is over, hopefully in late June hoisting the Cup

Ya.....but if he comes back....where is the money gonna come from? Someone has to go from what I see in the cap hit/status. We have roughly .990 left in space from what I see. We will take a hit of more than we can afford if he comes into the line up.

http://www.nhlnumbers.com/teams

I say at this point....put Salo in an oxygen chamber with rubber walls wearing sunglasses and ear muffs......and don't let him out until we wind up with an injury. Just call that "injury reserve" with an "asterix" ********

Disclaimer....I actually like Sami when he is healthy....he adds a HUGE prescence on the blueline in the offensive zone.

Last edited by a moderator:
You're funny Pip! You go from slam-the-Sam to praising him in a blink of an eye.

Me, I just want to see at least one or two of the Nucks' Old Guard on board when the big day finally arrives and I want to see that big-shot of his knock-over a couple a' more Hawks & Flames before he's done.

You're funny Pip! You go from slam-the-Sam to praising him in a blink of an eye.

Ha ha.....ya....it's sort of a perception of reality when it comes to Sami. When he's able to play he has a huge upside....but if he is forced outside his "safety bubble" he is bound to sprain his jaw chewing gum.

saloInjuryList.jpg

LOL LOL got to agree Salo is like glass sorry time to go the "TEAM" is doing just fine and better without him....

Wolf

YEAH we are going to win for sure now thanks holmes...........
keep telling we are going to lose one day you will get it right... they have to lose sometime but it wont be tonight...LOL

Yeah the Lou-baby.... thats about it ;)

10 seconds left :( .......Lou deserved that one..

Rollin rollin rollin.......

In reality I am waiting for a loss.... and the playoffs are a whole new season

Thanks again holmes ....... you should work for DFO with them predictions LOL LOL only kidding

Back