Campbell River Reports 2012

I hear the numbers are down and my last outing at Twin kinda showed that. A three hour soak for 40 prawns at the same spot I got 600 Easter weekend. Apparently alot of the commies are going to the west coast. I have seen quite a few on trailers going through town.

Most of the rec guys prawning around town are reporting average at best. Looks like the fishery needs some time to recover. Didn't the commies get an extended season 2-3 years ago? We are paying the price now.

Campbell River Mirror, fishing corner, reports a 28 pound spring caught on April 28 off of discovery pier.
Lucky fishermen was Mel Adams.
Fish was fooled by a 2oz. sardine lure.
If that doesn't get the heart pumping nothing will.
GLG

Me and some friends got a guestimated 15lb spring at the hump and our limit of crab!

Attachments

• crab fest.jpg
    crab fest.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 167
Last edited by a moderator:
Nice to see the occasional hallie coming in locally. Good catch and congrats to Ryan!!

Went out trolling southwest of the red can last night. No bites. I was going south but my Downrigger kept wanting to go east. 5 min jigging caught me and my son a really nice lingcod near shore.
Cheers

Went out trolling southwest of the red can last night. No bites. I was going south but my Downrigger kept wanting to go east. 5 min jigging caught me and my son a really nice lingcod near shore.
Cheers

Right on quite a few guys out lingcod fishing lately, nice to see. The tide rips on the south end of quadra really are a pain.

From Tyee Marine Facebook page. Same guy caught a 120 lb earlier in the week and this 183 lb on Thursday.
Awesome to see fish this size on the inside. He sure found himself a honey hole.

Attachments

• 579443_10150776458187024_543662023_9815159_1632004445_n.jpg
    579443_10150776458187024_543662023_9815159_1632004445_n.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 131
Very nice. And I'm stuck at work!!!!! No wind and sunshine. At least I can have a pop or two before nights tomorrow. LOL

From Tyee Marine Facebook page. Same guy caught a 120 lb earlier in the week and this 183 lb on Thursday.
Awesome to see fish this size on the inside. He sure found himself a honey hole.

Wow, awesome fish congrats to the fella

Seems as the Hali's that we see posted on the inside are of a great size. How many chickens are caught that we don't hear about? I would like a couple 30's instead of the 130 I caught last year. BUT if you don't have any in the freezer, begars can't be choosy.

Seems as the Hali's that we see posted on the inside are of a great size. How many chickens are caught that we don't hear about? I would like a couple 30's instead of the 130 I caught last year. BUT if you don't have any in the freezer, begars can't be choosy.

Yes, that is odd only extra large hallies. Pretty happy with a 20 lber we caught, but that was 3-4 years ago and that was up island to boot. Nothing wrong with a 130 lber though, must of been quite a rush to pull that one in!!

Yes, that is odd only extra large hallies. Pretty happy with a 20 lber we caught, but that was 3-4 years ago and that was up island to boot. Nothing wrong with a 130 lber though, must of been quite a rush to pull that one in!!

It was very exciting. It was the wifes first halibut experience. Can't wait to do it again. Just bought a new house so reno's first then fishing the summer away. Bring on the sunshine and beer.

Sure lots of litte springs out there at the hump.Let go a wack and kept 5 ,But played over a dozen .It was a graet weekend

We were out yesterday bouncing the bottom for cod. We landed one keeper ling, released 2 undersized ones, and kept a rock cod. Wind finally came down in afternoon. Lots of boat traffic, never saw any one land a fish though, and no one was cleaning fish at Brown's Bay Marina. There was lots of RVs showing up there for the weekend.

Just checking do we know if Lingcod have re-opened?
They might be and I missed it but last I checked they might still be closed???

From DFO site
--------------------------------------
Listed on 11/05/2011 FN0389

Lingcod: Areas 12-1 to 12-13, 12-15 to 12-48, 13 to 19, 20-5 to 20-7 and 29-5: May 1 - Sep. 30, 2012: Daily limit: one, possession limit: two, size limit: 65cm, annual limit: ten. Gear: angling (hook and line) and spear fishing while diving. Note: Subarea 12-14 is already open. Listed 04/04/2012 FN0279

Lingcod: Closing Time Reminder: Fishing for lingcod will close October 1, 2011 until further notice. Listed on 20/09/2011 FN0918

http://www.pac.dfo-mpo.gc.ca/fm-gp/rec/tidal-maree/a-s13-eng.htm

Back