Campbell River fishing for Pinks

firepoi

So fairly new to fishing and have been going spin casting on the Campbell River a little bit recently. Wondering if anybody using any type of scent on their lures or if this is even allowed.

i was up yesterday hammered them for a couple hours just using a fly rod i lent it to a boy who broke his rod and i switched to fishing a simple trout rod, with a split shot 2 feet up from my fly and it still worked great. The vertical float fishing method was far less effective then the fly as you can swing it in there and the fish seem to be biting them.

Scent is considered bait in the freshwater regs, and bait is not allowed in any streams on Vancouver Island, with a couple of exceptions, please check the regs. If the saltwater regs govern the tidal portions of rivers, scent and bait might be permitted. Not sure where the tidal boundary is on that river. But for pinks in the river, not sure scent is necessary even if it were allowed, especially when they will chase a pink fly or spinner.

You dont need scent for pinks in freshwater.. Get out your pink spinners or pink flies and that is all that is necessary to nail these little rockets...

Back