buying a boat trailer

salmoneye

Hi, just wanted to see if anyone had bought Tuff boat trailers. It seems like he has a good product, however the person on the phone seems a little "Tuff" to deal with. Thanks!

Sam Vandervalk
Fishing Guide Vancouver Island
www.salmoneye.net

I'm looking at buying one of their 3000# single axles in galvanized steel. They are priced very well considering the torsion axles, which cost more than leafs. Roadrunner and Highliner do not offer a torsion axle trailer. King Trailers out of WA are well respected, but more expensive than the Tuff's. My use is limited enough that I plan to get the Tuff and save some $.

I bought one for my 18' Eaglecraft. Had it for 2 years now. Works fine. It's the aluminum one. The only issue I had was the winch is garbage and I busted it my 2nd or 3rd trip out. Replaced it with a better one with a higher capacity. Think I paid under $2k for it. For the money, it's a pretty good trailer.

bought the 8300 lb. last may --26 ft mariner sits on it..heavy duty -handles nice-----
buddy bought the 4300 lb. model last fall,just moved the boat to mainland so hasn't really used it much---likes it so far--best prices we found

I looked at tuff trailers but I think road runners are better and canadian

Statler: Every Highliner I have ever seen has had leaf springs? What model do you have with the Torsion? ...or was it a custom order?

Just came from Mike at road runner-you can order anything you like from him in a trailer-if I was doing it again I would sit down with him and custom build it with stainless spindless, discs etc etc-he can do all that at a good price and it's what you want and for your boat-no mods needed!!

Marko the trailer I have ia a Highliner Model TCL42-21 tandem axle with bunks and side guides. Ordered it from Silver Streak when I had the boat built.

had same problem with the guys at tuff trailers terrible customer service.
the cost diffrence was not worth the hassel buy here inless you buy something from east coast then you will get a better price.

call mike at roadrunner.. he will build what ya need.

Roadrunner has great customer services can't say enough good things about them!!

Thanks Statler. I emailed highliner yesterday and they confirmed they could provide a Torsion axle trailer.

It looks to me like the T at the start of your trailer model indicated Torsion axle. All the others are just CL, not TCL.

I'm all over buying a Canadian trailer. Until this thread, I had not learned that I could get a Canadian built Torsion axle trailer, and I've been set on not getting another leaf spring model.

BTW, I had emailed RoadRunner about it in the past and received no reply.

Thanks to all. Cheers!

Back