Buddy's new boat

How do you find the space between the pilothouse and the sides? Is it easy to walk through?
Yes easy to walk around no problem. Very nice boat to fish out of. The covered helm with two air ride seats is a nice cover from sun or rain and the sides protect you from the wind nicely. Behind each seat there's two storage benches that people can sit on as well. He may put some cushions on them. The only issue we say today was the control for the kicker throttle arm gets knocked upwards raising the throttle when you get up sometimes to rush to the fish deck if a fish hits. It's in a bit of an obtrusive spot. It's on the left side of the driver seat kind of in the middle of the two seats on the helm. I'll take some pics of it next time I'm in it. Not many other places it can go though cause the main motor controls are on the right side of the drivers seat.

Yeah it looks like I might have a similar boat as your buddy’s. I think you might have seen it sitting in his shop.Not sure on his dash setup, but with ours it was pretty tight on the dash. Didn’t want to mount the kicker control on the drivers side panel as it would have been tight and in the way of the swivel seat. Thought about mounting near the kicker. Ended up going with a top mount dual binnacle one for main and other for kicker mounted on the dash. When running on the main you can push a button on the side binnacle and move the kicker lever ahead and out of the way of the main lever. I also took the troll master pro 3 of the last kicker and installed it on the new one for running the throttle too. Only problem with this set up is the remote for troll master is pretty big to hang around your neck. I bought the t5 steering system from waterwolf this winter but have not installed it yet.

Yes easy to walk around no problem. Very nice boat to fish out of. The covered helm with two air ride seats is a nice cover from sun or rain and the sides protect you from the wind nicely. Behind each seat there's two storage benches that people can sit on as well. He may put some cushions on them. The only issue we say today was the control for the kicker throttle arm gets knocked upwards raising the throttle when you get up sometimes to rush to the fish deck if a fish hits. It's in a bit of an obtrusive spot. It's on the left side of the driver seat kind of in the middle of the two seats on the helm. I'll take some pics of it next time I'm in it. Not many other places it can go though cause the main motor controls are on the right side of the drivers seat.
Overall it sure seems like a nice layout for the coast here...I always liked open boats to fish out of since I do a lot of jigging and casting but of course having a sheltered pilothouse is tough to argue with.

Yeah it looks like I might have a similar boat as your buddy’s. I think you might have seen it sitting in his shop.Not sure on his dash setup, but with ours it was pretty tight on the dash. Didn’t want to mount the kicker control on the drivers side panel as it would have been tight and in the way of the swivel seat. Thought about mounting near the kicker. Ended up going with a top mount dual binnacle one for main and other for kicker mounted on the dash. When running on the main you can push a button on the side binnacle and move the kicker lever ahead and out of the way of the main lever. I also took the troll master pro 3 of the last kicker and installed it on the new one for running the throttle too. Only problem with this set up is the remote for troll master is pretty big to hang around your neck. I bought the t5 steering system from waterwolf this winter but have not installed it yet.
Right on thanks for the info. Would be great if you could PM me some pictures of your kicker control set up if you wouldn't mind or post them here? I've heard mixed reviews on remote control for kickers and I don't think he will want to go that way but ya we gotta figure something out for that kicker control.

Overall it sure seems like a nice layout for the coast here...I always liked open boats to fish out of since I do a lot of jigging and casting but of course having a sheltered pilothouse is tough to argue with.
I love the layout and openness of the boat and the covered area really was nice yesterday when the sun was maxed out. Tucked in out of wind, rain, sun is nice while still leaving so much room to get around anywhere on the boat to fish. Can't wait to try it out for jig fishing too and for chucking spoons/spinner/or fly for Salmon in the estuary's will be sweet from his boat I think.

When I get back to camp I will post a couple pictures.Yeah there aren’t many good reviews on the Panther T5. My friend has one and has no problems yet. I will keep my fingers crossed.

I have used the troll master pro 3 for a few seasons now and have had no issues.You can fine tune your trolling speed and keep it there. The idle feature is great when the bite is on and you want your exact speed again.

Back