Browns Bay

Brando

Heading to Browns bay August 2-3 on my way to Nootka sound. Have fished there for the chum derby and had a blast but would like to target some springs and coho this time, and I'm sure being a pink year there will be lots of those around as well. Not looking for anyone to give away their secret spots but a nudge in the right direction would be much appreciated. With the water being so clear are most guys fishing quite deep for springs?

Heading to Browns bay August 2-3 on my way to Nootka sound. Have fished there for the chum derby and had a blast but would like to target some springs and coho this time, and I'm sure being a pink year there will be lots of those around as well. Not looking for anyone to give away their secret spots but a nudge in the right direction would be much appreciated. With the water being so clear are most guys fishing quite deep for springs?

I have caught lots of springs on pink gear at Browns. Just dump your whole rig deeper than you would normally target for pinks. Launch your boat and hug the wall as you leave the launch and head north. Turn around at the end of the bay. Chatham Point and Greensea Bay may also be options for you. Bit of a drive. Bring chovies

Have been up to Chatham before but having trouble finding greensea on my navionics. How far from Chatham pt. is it?

Have been up to Chatham before but having trouble finding greensea on my navionics. How far from Chatham pt. is it?

It is basically due east from Chatham Point, south of Howe Island on the west side of Sonora Island.

Back